Some quick facts on the 1st time homebuyer tax credit...
$8,000 Home Buyer Tax Credit at a Glance
- The tax credit is for first-time home buyers only.
- The tax credit does not have to be repaid.
- The tax credit is equal to 10 percent of the home's purchase price up to a maximum of $8,000.
- The credit is available for homes purchased on or after January 1, 2009 and before December 1, 2009.
- Single taxpayers with incomes up to $75,000 and married couples with incomes up to $150,000 qualify for the full tax credit.
For more information on the tax credit or to get started on purchasing your first home please contact me.
203-488-1641 x 252