As a member of the Southland Regional Association of Realtors I am always looking for ways to educate potential home buyers on the latest programs. Here is Grant to help first time home buyers that serves our local communities. This grant currently provides a home ownership grant to low and moderate-income individuals and families who purchase a home in the San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valley. The amount of the grant will be $4,000. Here is how the Grant works:
The funds are paid after the close of escrow and there are no repayment requirements.
The Southland Association of Realtors staff will administer the applications.
The grants will be awarded to the most deserving candidates.
Each candidate would receive $2,000 from the SRAR Foundation, and a further $2,000 from the
C.A.R. Housing Affordability Fund.
NOTE: THERE IS A LIMITED NUMBER OF GRANTS. GRANTS WILL BE AWARDED TO
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS BASED ON AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS AND ACCORDING TO
INDIVIDUAL APPLICANT NEED. BUYERS NEED TO BE AWARE THAT THERE IS NO
GUARANTEE THAT AN APPLICATION WILL RESULT IN A GRANT.
Here are the requirements to qualify:
1. You must be a first time home buyer.
2. Your combined family income level must be at $120,000 or less per year.
3. You must attend the Los Angeles Neighborhood Housing Services class.
4. The home must be located in the San Fernando or Santa Clarita Valley.
5. Buyer's REALTOR must be a full Southland Association of Realtors member.
6. Must receive additional assistance programs.
To receive the funds you will need:
1. A photocopy of your ID (BUYER).
2. A copy of your final closing statement. You will receive this from the Escrow Company a few days
after your transaction.
3. Page 8 of the contract showing buyer's agent.
4. Your class certification.
5. Details of loan programs AND assistance programs that you attained. Please include loan addendum
that indicates low or moderate income program funding.
6. First Time Home Buyers verification (Lender/CPA/W2's etc.).
Once you have assembled this information, it must be submitted to:
It may take a month or longer to receive the funds after all the paperwork has been submitted.
My husband Gary and I have taken the time to learn about this current real estate market. We specialize in distressed properties whether your buying or selling, we are Certified Distressed Property Experts, CDPE. By dealing with agents who have earned the CDPE designation, home buyers ensure that they are working with real estate professionals that are equipped to handle their specific needs.
You as a first time home buyer have a window of opportunity to negotiate a price which could be up to 20% below Fair Market Value. Now is a great time to buy with the right long term strategy and obtain a great interest rate which are at an all time low. As a first time home buyer let us help you find the home of your dreams. To learn about the First time Home buyer Tax Credit go to Gary's blog: http://activerain.com/blogsview/1004242/Is-Now-The-right-Time-To-Buy-If-Your-A-First-Time-Homebuyer
You need a team of experienced professionals guiding you through purchase of your dream home. We work both the Santa Clarita and San Fernando Valley's. If you would to learn more about us and the services we provide go to www.RiccoSellsHomes.com. If you would like to search the MLS and get daily updates on properties available in the Santa Clarita or San Fernando Valley go to: http://santaclaritavalleyhomesforsale.listingbook.com/