Q: How do I know when it's a good time to list my home?
A: WHEN you NEED/WANT to SELL.
Regardless what your reasons are for "needing" or "wanting" to sell your home (job change, relocation, empty-nester, scaling down, need more room) this IS a PERFECT TIME to LIST because:
- YOU want/need BUYERS, and BUYERS are out LOOKING NOW.
- INTEREST RATES are at an ALL TIME LOW, thus giving buyers more reason to BUY.
- There are some wonderful "LOAN" packages out there for all types of buyers.
- FIRST -TIME BUYERS may apply for a $8000 TAX CREDIT. So FIRST-TIMERS are LOOKING to BUY
- FIRST-TIME BUYERS do NOT have a home to sell!(this excellent tip was suggested by our AR friend, (Joan Whitebook.) Thanks, Joan!
- INVENTORY is DOWN (this gives you a slight advantage as apposed to having loads of listings on the market in YOUR area.
- In my local, RESORT AREA, this is one of our PEAK times for listing/selling. Tourists are coming up for vacation and spring break and they start thinking, "I've love to have a place of my own!"
- SPRING is one of our BEST times to LIST a home: flowers are blooming, trees are budding and everything looks and feels "alive."
MUST-DO'S BEFORE LISTING:
- Have a REALTOR do a current Market Analysis of your home and, PRICE IT RIGHT. This is NOT a market to try and "test" the waters. Buyers are PURCHASE SMART.
- PREPARE YOUR HOME. Clean it up. Make it sparkle!
- CALL A STAGERif your don't have that "knack" for sprucing up and making it picture perfect. My favorite local, professional Home-Stager is, Michelle Pimentel, EMPIRE STAGING.
- PLEASE LEAVE THE HOUSE when a REALTOR is coming to show it. Buyers WILL stay longer and are not as apt to hurry through. You WANT them to linger...
Things to remember when listing: Your home is only worth what a qualified buyer is willing to pay for it in this, or any, market.
CALL ME TODAY FOR A FREE MARKET ANALYSIS ~ You'll get the TRUTH and Get it SOLD.
(click on properties, choose your price range)
CELL: 909-273-4542 OFFICE: 909-336-9500 X 263 ~ EMAIL: KATDELONG@WINDERMERE.COM
YOUR #1 ACTIVERAINER IN SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY AND THE SAN BERNARDINO MTNS.