Orange Bureau Confidential: Fundraiser set for girl burned in accident

By
Real Estate Agent with RE/MAX Benchmark- Marty Remo-CDPE, E-Pro

Posted: March 26, 2009 - 2:00 AM

Firefighters from Central Valley will be holding a car wash fundraiser to help the family of a Monroe-Woodbury teenager burned during a campfire accident two weeks ago.

The money will help pay hospital bills for Julia Young, a 14-year-old freshman at the high school. Young was burned along with another girl March 14, when a friend of theirs threw gasoline onto a campfire in a wooded area near Snoop Street in the Village of Harriman.

Julia was burned over 80 percent of her body. The other girl, who remains unidentified, was not as badly injured. The two teens are at Westchester Medical Center, where doctors are keeping Julia in a medically induced coma in the intensive care unit.

Julia's father lost his job in October, leaving the family without medical insurance.

The car wash will be held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at Central Valley Elementary School. If it rains, it will be held at the Central Valley Firehouse on Smith Clove Road. Cash donations will also be accepted. For information, call 325-4825.

John Sullivan

Posted by

Sincerely,

Marty

 

Martin T. Remo

Lic. RE Associate Broker

HV Home Team at

RE/MAX Benchmarkmark Realty

(845) 510-8063 Direct

close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Location:
New York Orange County Central Valley
Tags:
monroe ny real estate for sale homes condo highland mills central valley harriman suffern

Spam prevention

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?

Rainmaker
187,309

Marty Remo

HV Home Team
Ask me a question
*
*
*
*

Additional Information