Information Management Network (IMN) invited me to serve as a speaker at its upcoming Distressed Hotel Symposium, which will be held at the Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood, Fl on April 30 - May 1, 2009.
I will be working together with some of the leading industry experts to explain the significant developments affecting the Hospitality Industry in 2009.
One of the highlights of the Symposium will be the Presidents' Panel, where leading hoteliers will discuss their strategies for exploiting opportunities that have resulted from this distressed real estate environment. The panel participants will include Peter G. Dumon, President THE HARP GROUP, INC.
Neil H. Shah, President & COO HERSHA HOSPITALITY TRUST; Tony Farris, Chairman & CEO QUORUM HOTEL ADVISORS; Steven C. Roberts, President ROBERTS HOTEL GROUP LLC; Mark Waltrip, Chief Operating Officer WESTGATE RESORTS.
Additional Cutting-Edge Agenda Topics Currently Include:
* RENEGOTIATING FRANCHISE & MANAGEMENT AGREEMENTS
* CONDO HOTELS, FRACTIONALS & HOTEL RESIDENCES
* MIXED-USE & MASTER-PLANNED PROJECTS
* OPERATING HOTELS & DEALING WITH PIPS
* BRAND EVALUATION & THE CANCELLATION OF FLAGS
* FINANCING UPDATE
I am on the "LEGAL & DUE DILIGENCE ISSUES TO WATCH OUT FOR WHEN ACQUIRING DISTRESSED HOTELS" panel, which will discuss the contours and parameters of the following topics:
· Evaluating Exactly Why The Project Failed
· Valuation Issues
· Possible Title Complexities
· Contract Negotiation
· Assessing Local Markets
· Issues With Incomplete Projects
· Brand & Management Company Considerations
• Evaluating Real Cash Flow The Project Generates
The Session Chair of the Panel is Joel Hiser, President HORWATH HOSPITALITY & LEISURE, LLC, and the other Panel Participants are as follows:
Scott L. Podvin, Managing Director THE CREST AT WATERFORD LAKES, LLC
Patrick Deming, Managing Director EASTDIL SECURED
Howard Shapiro, President HOWARD SHAPIRO & CO.
Marv Pearlstein, Partner MANATT
David Neff, Partner PERKINS COIE