I hope that all the new bloggers that are entering into the web world will make a mental note of what I feel is sound advice. I also hope that all the veterans who are out there will take into consideration the correct way to use a blog.
- Relating news about you.
- Relating news about your area.
- Relating sound advice about buying, selling, renting, investing, etc.
- Announcing great new ideas, new developments, new homes for sale, etc.
- Self-promoting. (don't be appalled, MY main objective is to promote ME and if yours isn't then you should stop blogging).
Now some of even the more brilliant bloggers sometimes forget that a blog (unless started for that reason) is not to be used to:
- Pass judgement maliciously about another.
- Personally attack another blogger and their supporters.
As sad as it is, these things do happen and more people wind up getting involved then should - but how do blogger friends keep quiet? Natural instincts tend to want to defend, especially when testosterone is involved.
But here is what ultimately happens when you fall into the ugliness of this sort of Blogging.
- You wind up looking like a scorned jealous person.
- You make the other person look better than you.
Be an adult. If you have something to say about someone then say it to them not to the rest of the world, do it privately because I am sick of having my feed-reader filled up with high-school antics that do not appeal to me.
I provided no links to either party and they should be thankful that I did not.