Whether you are selling your home, or improving it for your own enjoyment, Feng Shui can play an important role.
In Part 4 of our Feng Shui It! series, we will be looking at the Fame & Reputation area of your home. Everyone would like to be famous to an extent, some more than others. However, it's even more important to have a great reputation, especially in business. Benjamin Franklin was once quoted as saying: "It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it.". That statement is just as appropriate today as it was way back then. While the tips provided in Part 4 may not make you the next Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, or [insert your favourite here], let's take a look at what we can do to help you with this area of your home.
If you have been following along since Part 1 of our series, you will now be able to locate the Fame & Reputation area of your home by using your Bagua Map. If not, please refer back to Part 1 to learn about the Bagua Map and how it is used to divide your floor plan into the 8 life areas addressed in this series.
As you can see from your Bagua Map, the Fame & Reputation area is located in the centre of the top row. Which room does this section apply to in your home? For me, that area falls smack dab between the master and guest bedrooms. Erring on the side of caution, I decided to kick it up a notch on the master bedroom side, which I guess means that our guests will have to fend for themselves. Just kidding of course, I'll be happy to help them with their own homes, if they ask.
Here are a few tips for improving the Fame & Reputation area of your home:
· Use red in this area as it is associated positively with Fame and Reputation. A red feature wall, red furniture or red throw cushions will work well here.
· Display any awards you may have received here. If you have any certificates of merit or diplomas for completed courses relevant to your career or your intended future career path, include those as well.
· Is there a famous person that you aspire to be like? Is there someone you hold in high esteem that you would like others to compare you to? Try placing a picture of that person in this room. A small picture will do. A shrine is not necessary and may be considered by most to be over the top :-).
· Fire is the natural element of the Fame & Reputation area and is associated with passion, leadership and communication. These are all great characteristics that will enhance this area. Incorporate a fireplace, or if not possible, add some candles.
· Avoid water in the Fame & Reputation area as it is destructive to the fire element. Instead, include some articles made of wood.
As in Parts 1-3 of this series, these are just a few tips to get you started in the right direction. If you'll excuse me now, my phone is ringing. Could it be HGTV asking me to be their next star? Probably not, but hey, a little Feng Shui can't hurt!
** Stay Tuned ** Part 5: How to Improve the Wealth & Prosperity Area of Your Home
Dezigner Digz does not guarantee any results from the implementation by readers of these suggestions. The Feng Shui It! series is provided for entertainment purposes only and to offer a glimpse at the principles of Feng Shui.
Dezigner Digz is a professional home staging and interior decorating company located in Burlington, Ontario and servicing Ancaster, Hamilton, Burlington, Waterdown, Stoney Creek, Oakville, Milton and surrounding areas. The Owner, Charlene Storozuk, is a member of the Real Estate Staging Association and currently serves on RESA's Executive Committee as Regional Vice-President, Canada. To find out more information about us, visit our website at www.dezignerdigz.com