My friend, Sell 'um Ray Nellum MEME'd me on March 27. And hasn't blogged on AR since. Ray? you there? If you're out there waiting for me, I'm here... MEME?? I had to research what the heck I was into.
Some things I think I think:
1. When I butcher high notes, glass shower doors have been know to explode. But I keep awashin' and awailin'.
2. I like history. And, who your family is and who your folks were is important, IMO. My mother was the daughter of Presbyterian medical missionaries to Persia. She had a considered perspective on any topic. My Dad was the oldest of 8 kids, born to a schoolmarm and a county agent who served 46 years. He earned a couple of medals in WWII for multiple landings of a C-47 at night, behind enemy lines carrying supplies to the Yugoslavian underground forces. On farm field landing strips lit by car headlights. I'm impressed. I miss both my parents every day.
3. I was 1 of 9 kids, and I can reach the last pork chop on a meat platter 8 feet away without lifting in my chair. After diverting YOUR gaze away. Survival tactics learned of necessity from living with an older brother with a longer arm.
4. "Some think the world was made for fun and frolic, and so do I, Some think it well to be all melancholic, to pine and sigh. But I, I love to spend my time in singing some joyous song. To set the air with music bravely ringing is far from wrong!"
If there isn't any blood, find a way to laugh at it. "Rub some dirt on it." If there is blood, it is often cultured and tasteful to bandage and clean up prior to laughing.
5. If my clients are doing well, I will do great.
6. I'm married for 34 years to a girl who lights up the room I am in when she walks into it. Still haven't figured out...How DOES she do that?
7. Peanut butter and home-made strawberry preserves slathered liberally on slabs of fresh home-made bread supersedes anything I can't pronounce on a menu that costs more than $4.00.
8. One good beer is superior to six mediocre beers. And much better than twelve of any quality. Moderation in all things.
9. "No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child." ~Lincoln Abe knew his stuff.
10. If we ain't having fun, we ain't doing it right.
Sure hope this flushes Ray Nellum out. I suppose he is on a marathon networking spree down at WalMart...
I'm a little curious about a few other AR North Carolina members, and I'm calling 'em out: