If you are one of the millions of people who have lost your job due to a failing economy, times can be tough. It can be even harder getting back on your feet. Finding a job these days can be hard. Unemployment is at a 14 year high and many people are in the same situation; jobless.
There are many places to look for work, one is online. This seems to be the first place people go to when in search of new employment. If you want to get noticed, it is important to stand out in the crowd. Here are a few tips to help you get noticed in the job search.
* Create a professional resume. Your resume is your calling card. It needs to be clean and error proof. You may not land a job with just a resume, but a sloppy resume will land straight into the trash bin. It is important to create a good first impression. If you are not sure how to create a resume, Micro soft Word has templates for different resumes.
* E-Mailing your resume. If possible, do not email your resume as an attachment. If you are submitting your resume by email, be sure to read the directions posted by the employer. The worst thing you can do is have your resume deleted. Employers may also give directions on emailing resumes to see how well you follow instructions as an employee. If you can not follow instructions on a simple email, chances are they will not even read your resume. It is also important to make sure your resume does not go into the "spam" file. There are filters on email. It is hard trying to figure out what will trigger a filter. An employer may want you to put certain words into the subject line to prevent your email from being filtered. Be sure to follow all directions.
* Look for Opportunities. Don't be afraid to use Monster or Careerbuilder. They have many listings for jobs; from working retail to account executives. But you may also want to check out specialized job boards. Search for job boards that specialize in the field that you work in.
* Networking. Do not be afraid to network. Networking can help find unlisted jobs. Search for networking sites that are popular, such as linkedin. Find people and organizations that can help you in your job search. Find old college friends or work colleagues. Networking is successful if you do it correctly.
* Be prepared for you Interview. When you get called in for an interview, be sure to dress professionally and accordingly to what the position is for. It is also important not to over dress either. Be yourself and be confident.
* Interview by phone. Some employers may choose to interview potential employees by phone, depending on the location and time restraints. Be sure to choose an interview time that is convenient for you and the employer. Make sure you are alone and not distracted. If you can, try your best to reduce back ground noise; dog barking, loud machinery, ECT.
Inside realty operates in the Houston real estate market. Their site has stats and commentary on the Houston real estate market along with a search for Houston homes for sale. They also have a page with ratings on Houston area schools.
This entry hasn't been re-blogged:
Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
- Topic: Real Estate Market Trends
Generate More Leads from this Listing
With a Trulia Pro Account
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!