With economic struggles affecting almost everyone now days, here are some ways to help stretch that dollar.
1. Dry your clothes using low heat.
2. Wash laundry with cold water instead of warm or hot.
3. Set your thermostat back a few degrees at night
4. Use wash clothes instead of paper towels whenever possible.
5. Raise the temperature setting in your refrigerator.
6. Turn off a few lights
7. Put your computer into suspend mode when not in use
8. Fix leaky faucets
9. Pack your lunch - eating out everyday can be expensive.
10. Turn the heat dry option off on your dishwasher.
11. Turn the water off while you are brushing your teeth.
12. Keep the tires rotated on your car. When tires wear evenly, they last longer.
13. Check the air pressure in your tires frequently. If tires are not properly inflated they will wear faster.
14. Wash your car at home rather than taking it to a carwash.
15. Lower the temperature on your hot water heater.
16. Lower the water level in your toilet
17. Take a shorter shower
18. Switch to a free checking account
19. Keep blinds closed on hot days to lower the temperature in your house.
20. Change the oil in your car regularly. Changing it late will only add to the repair bills later.
21. Lower the thermostat in your house while you are on vacation.
22. Change the filter on your air conditioning return vent every month.
23. Pay bills online and save on the postage.
24. Make payments on time to avoid late charges and increased interest fees.
25. Install a low flow showerhead to cut back on water use.
26. Install a fan in your attic. A cooler attic means a cheaper energy bill.
27. Install ceiling fans throughout your home.
28. Save receipts. If you have to make a return, you'll be sure to get a full refund.
29. If you have a rebate for an item, be sure to mail it in. Too often people forget about rebates until after they have expired.