- Baltimore is the most historic city in the United States. Baltimore has more historic neighborhoods than any other city in the country, so if old houses, old buildings and American history is your thing, then Baltimore is your town.
- Baltimore has some of the best opportunities for education including, Johns Hopkins University, University of Maryland, Loyola College, College of Notre Dame, Towson University, Villa Julie College just to name a few. The surrounding area of Baltimore also has many excellent educational opportunities for elementary, middle and high school education.
- The Baltimore area has excellent employment opportunities and has a much lower than average unemployment rate compared to other parts of the country.
- For the sports fans Baltimore is home to the Baltimore Orioles, Baltimore Ravens, The Blast and close enough to Washington DC to visit the Capitals, Wizards, Nationals and Redskins and Philadelphia to visit the Phillies, Flyers, 76ers and the Eagles.
- Baltimore is an excellent hub for transportation. The MARC train services Washington DC from Baltimore, the light rail runs from Hunt Valley through to Glen Burnie, the metro runs from Johns Hopkins Hospital to Owings Mills. In addition to this New York City is just a few hours away by the train for those diehard New York sports fans. Southwest Air is now making BWI a hub for their east coast air operations.
- Baltimore is located on the Chesapeake Bay for those water sports enthusiasts. There are many excellent opportunities for you to enjoy boating, fishing, crabbing and the sun. Maryland also shares the Atlantic coast on the Eastern Shore.
- Baltimore has excellent cultural activities with the BSO, theatres including the Meyerhof, The Hippodrome, Lyric and many museums such as The Walther, Maryland Historical Society, B & O Railroad Museum just to name a few. There are many activities with something for everyone.
- Baltimore City has over 225 distinctive neighborhoods, each with it's own personality and architectural style.
- Baltimore has some of the best hospitals in the country with many specialized medical treatments. These include Johns Hopkins, Union Memorial, University of Maryland Medical Centre just to name a few.
- The Inner Harbor is great. You can walk along the boardwalk and stop in at some of the local shops and restaurants or take the water taxi to other neighborhoods or Ft. McHenry.
If you are thinking of buying or selling a home give me a call today and we'll talk about the market conditions and what your home could possibly be worth in today's market place if you are thinking of selling. If you are considering buying a home, there is no better time than now to buy. The tax savings and wealth building a lone is worth the plunge into todays market.
During 2009 Advance Realty Anne Arundel Inc is waving administrative fees active duty military, retired military and the families of fallen military, as well as policemen, firemen and emt's. If you enter into a contract by the New Year's eve Advance Realty Anne Arundel Inc. will waive the admin fee at settlement. This is a $350 savings. If you are thinking about buying or selling a home give Advance Realty Anne Arundel a call and receive full service real estate assistance from an experienced agent. Our office is open 7 days a week and we can be reached at 410-761-1550.