A different look at why First Time Home Buyers make the move to purchase. Donna points out some maybe not so obvious reasons they make the leap to home ownership.
What makes that first time home owner finally take the leap to buy a house? Is it the responsibility of the maintenance? Is it wanting to plant their own flowers in their own garden? Is it because they want to buy a lawn mower and sweat in the heat of mowing every weekend?
There are many reasons why someone takes that leap, and below is a list of some common triggers that I often hear that helps them make their important decision.
- Writing the rent check month after month- Instead of paying your own mortgage, you realize you're paying someone else's mortgage in addition to putting some extra into your landlord's pocket.
- Running from you Car in the Rain- Your apartment complex doesn't have covered parking so every time it rains, you sit in your car gathering everything up in your arms so you can take that mad dash out of the rain... and then you drop your books in a puddle.
- Tired of Walking up Three Flights of Stairs- Everytime you need to take the trash out or check your mail, you have to make the long trip up and down three flights of stairs, and you're just wishing you had curbside trash pickup and your mailbox was in front of your house.
- You're Tired of the drab Walls- You want to paint the walls something that matches your personality, but you can't afford to lose your security deposit if the landlord doesn't agree with the choice.
- Landlord not Returning Calls- Your toilet is overflowing or the AC is broken on the hottest day of the summer, and you can't get your landlord to return your calls to let you know how to go about fixing things. If you get things fixed without approval, you might be out extra money if it costs too much.
Are you renting and not sure if you're ready to make that leap? Have the above things happened to you that have made you stop and think about your situation? Give me a call or shoot me an email and let me know how I can help make you comfortable about buying and getting out of the renting cycle. Together, we can find the missing piece you're looking for to make the leap.
**Are You Packed Yet?**
Austin, TX and the surrounding areas of Lakeway, Bee Cave, Westlake Hills, Cedar Park, Round Rock, Spicewood, Circle-C, Steiner Ranch, and everywhere in between... Whether you're buying or selling, I'll be with you through the entire process.