Steps Most Buyers Will Take To Buy Their Home.......
Buying a home can be made less stressful if we follow a few simple steps. It is a little like baking a cake, if you don't follow the recipe or steps the cake will not be a tasty treat. While I am thinking about it, remember what they say about too many cooks in the kitchen!!
So to keep you on track in the home buying process here are some helpful steps for you.
- Look for an agent to help you through the home buying maze. Remember you are about to spend a whole lot of money so find a REALTOR® to help you. Get to know the agent first; don't get in a rush....
- Interview the REALTOR®....set an appointment with an agent to find out if they have the skills, services and professional attitude you're looking for. Meet the REALTOR® at their office. I know you really want to see the home that you are in front of....
- Discover if the REALTOR® is working "FOR" you OR "WITH" you. Are you a client or a customer? Remember you want an agent that is going to be loyal to you and will be your advocate.
- Clarify your wants and needs to your agent...let them know your objectives and timetable.
- Have the agent help you establish your purchasing power...this may include getting pre-approved. I would suggest that you find out how much home you can afford before looking at homes.
- Once you start looking for a new home you will want to use the process of elimination. After looking at two homes discard the lesser home and continue to follow the process while looking at properties. Only keep the best home in front of you.
- View each property objectively.
- Once you have found the best home for you, write the offer to purchase. With the large selection of homes available you may be able to find one quickly. Don't forget to bring your checkbook, you will need it to write the earnest money check.
- Once the contract has been signed by you, your agent will sent it or take it to the listing agent. Remember time is of the essence.
- Handle all counter offers and negotiations with a win/win attitude....Keep a big picture mentality.
- Avoid "Second Guessing Syndrome"...also known as "Buyers Remorse". Almost EVERYONE gets it at some point in time.
- Finalize any loan details to get final approval. If you haven't been pre-approved, you need to get the ball rolling NOW!
- Your agent will order title work from the company of your choice.
- Any inspections or predications that need to be addressed should be done in a timely fashion.
- Address snags and problems as part of life. Keep focused on YOUR goals...getting into the home of your dreams. Stuff can happen.
- Do a "walk-thru" prior to closing to see all items were completed from your inspection or requested in your contract.
- Show up early to closing with all necessary items needed. Your agent will call you the day before closing with a list of needed items. This is a happy day don't forget to bring a smile. Congratulations on the purchase of your new home.
Whether you are buying a home in O Fallon Missouri or Fairbanks Alaska the process is very similar if not the same. If you call an agent to meet you in front of one of their listings don't be surprised if they want you to come to the office first. They want to get to know you and let you get to know them. It is not good to start at #6 first and then try to play catch-up. Bake the cake by the recipe and you will be amazed at how good it will turn out.
Helping you achieve your next level of the American Dream. Ready?
If you are looking for a new home and a REALTOR® that knows the St. Charles County MO marketplace and one that has call O Fallon MO home for over 15 years give me a call. Call Don Rogers at 314-954-6775 or email me at Don@DRogersHomes.com and we can start you home buying experience today. By the way I am never too busy for your referral, so if you know of someone that is looking to buy or sell have them give me a call, too.
Search for homes on the market in our area by visiting my new website! Click the link below and register to get full access to unlimited listings!