In working with a nice couple we came across a home that was listed in the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) in Orange County, California.
Here are a few highlights that were included in the listing:
- One picture of the front of the house
- Good price for the current market and size of the property
- Listing Agent's telephone number that when called had an outgoing message that said, "the subscriber is not taking calls at this time".
- Listing Broker's telephone number - "The number you have reached is not in service at this time."
- Lockbox location - "see agent remarks"
- Agent Remarks - blank
- Currently listed for sale for 1 1/2 years
My clients have been looking at this house off and on for a period of a couple of years. They first saw it when it was offered for sale by the builder at a much higher price. When they saw it on MLS they asked me to check on it for them. I was intrigued, so I drove by to take a look thinking maybe I could find a lockbox somewhere at this vacant property.
Here's what I found when I got to the property:
- No sign on the property (that's what it said in MLS, but I didn't really believe it-why would you not want to let people driving by know the house is for sale?)
- Lawn and shrubs dying for lack of water
- Checked every door, hose bib, gas meter, everywhere I could think of...no lockbox
This is an absolutely lovely property that is scheduled for foreclosure in about 2 weeks. I've emailed the listing agent to see how I can get inside the home to assess the condition before we make an offer...no reply.
So, how does one make an offer on a property like this? I wrote another post about this particular listing that will tell you how we are going to be handling making an offer. Read it here.
In this interesting market, Realtors® are having to do far more legwork than ever before. Many homes have multiple offers, many buyers are having to make numerous offers before they actually get to buy a home. If you or someone you know needs help navigating their way to buy or sell a home, I'm here to help.
Marlene Bridges, REALTOR®
800 777-1775 - Toll Free ~ or ~ Text Me 714 745-2592
SRES - Seniors Real Estate Specialist®
CRS-Certified Residential Specialist®
President - Laguna Hills/Laguna Woods Chamber of Commerce 2007-2009
President Elect - Southern California Chapter Certified Residential Specialists® 2008 - 2009
Marlene is a highly experienced and respected South Orange County CA REALTOR® specializing in residential Real Estate and the sale of Homes and Condos in South Orange County, California and Saddleback Valley cities of: Laguna Woods, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Beach, Rancho Santa Margarita, Lake Forest, Dana Point, San Juan Capistrano, San Clemente, Aliso Viejo, Mission Viejo.