Here is my top 5 ways to market your open house list - please note that these may vary by market, and the type of house you are selling:
1) Invitations to the neighbors - Neighbors are inherently nosey (myself included) they have always wanted to know what your house looks like on the inside. An open house sign is their chance to do that. The only ones who won't come are those who feel like they have to come up with an excuse to come to your open house - since they already live in the neighborhood and won't be buying your home. Invite them to a "NOSEY NEIGHBOR NIGHT" where you have cocktails and snacks. Go knock on doors and drop off invitations. It is a nice social setting to find out if they know anyone interested in moving into their neighborhood!
2) Evites - Everyone loves an evite. Go to Evite.com and invite your friends and relatives to come by an after work open house. Serve nice drinks and snacks. Owners... go out to dinner and a movie!
3) Giveaways - I give away free HMS home warranties (redeemable when your home is on the market or if you purchase a home) to anyone who comes to an open house.
4) Cookout/Yard Sale - Put your grill in the front yard, get out the burgers and chips and sodas/water and have a yardsale and cookout! Everyone loves a cookout! Won't work in the winter - but it is a homerun for the summer!
5) Team up! - A group of local agents, not even from the same brokerage, did a neighborhood open house. People got a card stamped at each location then put their card in for a drawing at the last house for a nice prize.
I hope these are helpful, and happy home selling!
Eva Wilson, REALTOR
"YOUR HOME SHOULD BE ON MY DVD"
Search for homes at: http://www.movetodcmetro.com/
"I TALK ABOUT MY LISTINGS 24 HOURS A DAY - CALL ME TO FIND OUT HOW"
Long and Foster Real Estate, Inc.
301-449-9100 x 2200 office
6320 Allentown Road
Camp Springs, MD