Memes are going around again! "WooHoo" Sally Cheeseman hit me with one so now I have to come up with five (semi-interesting) little tidbits you might not have known about me. (If you missed hers, you can find it here.)
These are SO HARD. But here I go!
- I just started blogging on Jeff Turner's Real Estate Shows Blog and Home Staging Shows Blog. If you've read much of my blog here on AR, you know I'm a HUGE fan of RES. This is actually kind of a natural thing for me. Now I don't have to limit my raving to Active Rain! :o) (And isn't Jeff brave?!)
- I love Newbies! I help train new people at work with their websites and so on, and I really like it. I get paid nothing but usually end up with another Realtor buddy who knows they can trust me. That's a pretty big payoff to me!
- My "Newbie Love" extends to my personal life, too. A lot of my friends are Japanese women here for a few years for their husbands' jobs. It's hard to have friends leaving all the time, but it's also a lot of fun to help people feel comfortable and confident about living here. I learn a lot from them and someday when I visit Japan, I'll have a lot of people to visit.
- I love spicy food. My Little One does, too! In fact, when I was pregnant with her one of my favorite things was zesty hot french fries with Tobasco sauce instead of ketchup. That's a little too hot for me now, but at the time it was goooood!
- I've set a goal for myself to take my kids to see the ocean. We tend to take cheap vacations to one set of Grandparents or another and never really invest in a vacation just for US. But Tall One is crazy about sea life and would love to be a marine biologist someday. (How a West Virginia kid got this idea, I don't know.) She's gotten encouragement in the form of whale pictures from Lysa Napolitano and I got a call from Nick M. that he wants to be there the first time she sees the ocean. We've had invitations to Florida from Maggie Dokic and Ines Hegedus-Garcia. Tall One's post got a great response and she feels she has many friends there. We're trying to decide if we want to go to Florida or the Bahamas or what, but I'll try to work in a stop in FL if I'm going to be that close anyway! We're shooting for next year as my husband's vacation is booked for this summer already. Now to step up my real estate so I can afford this ...
Whew! Second Meme DONE!! Now I get the payoff, I get to "tag" three other people and make them go through this. :o)
Let's have some guys work on this, too! How about Ed Rybczynski, Sean Hashimoto, Phill Cross and Lucky Lang. (Were you counting? That's four, not three -- but isn't more better than less?) Write up five things about yourself that we might not know, post it in the Meme Group and tag three other people to do it next. (NOT ME!!) Enjoy!