Celebrate Earth Day April 22, 2009
Save the Earth, yes, you! Let's give back to the planet just as we take from it. I don't know, I'm getting sentimental, but I have started to recycle. Gotta start somewhere.
Here are some ideas we can all try, to celebrate Earth Day, by conserving energy, money and the earth.
- Take advantage of natural daylight. Don't turn on lights when you don't need to.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs or LED lighting. They may cost more, but they save as much as 80% on your electric bill and last up to 10 times longer than incandescent bulbs.
- Use water and energy saving features on your dishwasher. Only run full loads.
- Wash clothes in cold water to save heat and only run full loads.
- Using your bath towel more than once, will save energy. Hey, this is not a hotel.
- Look for "Energy Star" appliances and electronics.
- Save money by not running large appliances such as washers and dryers during peak energy demand hours.
- Try an old fashioned clotheslines for drying.
- Turn off and unplug unused lights, appliances and computer monitors.
- Buy locally grown food and goods. Less energy is consumed to get these products to you.
- Take shorter showers.
- Turn the water off while brushing your teeth.
HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING
- Turn thermostat down when you are not home and before you go to bed.
- Install insulation in your attic.
- Seal leaks and holes with caulking.
- Weather-strip windows and doors.
These tips are brought to you by Deborah Wilson "Your Stark Realtor".
Email me at email@example.com or call me at 330- 904-4545 for more Real Estate information.