You have dreams, goals and know you are ready to make a positive move. Need to take that next step and move up a level in your business as you feel stagnate, stuck, even bored? Imagination and reality can indeed compliment each other in our business. First you need to form your vision and then turn that picture to real results.
Action Steps to Your Next Level
• If you do not know where you are in your business in regards to production, run the numbers for last year and first quarter 2009.
• Run your financials for 2008 and also year to date for 2009. If you do not have an ability to do this in a few key strokes you need to seriously consider Quicken or Quick Books. You cannot be successful unless you know where your expenses are being allocated.
• Review your production and expenses. Ask yourself ... where I want to be and need to be. Are my expenses in line and is smart use of funds?
• Review your first quarter of 2008 to first quarter 2009 ... is it improved, in line, below the mark?
• Where is your business coming from? Referrals, mailouts, open houses, etc.? If you do not know this stat then commit to tracking from this point forward. This one stat can be instrumental to wise spending of effort and funds. You absolutely need to know this part of your business!
• Where do you want to be in the business ... your next level? Write it down. Write it visible so you will see at a glance in your office. Write on top of your action plan, your calendar on a day for each week. Write it in your mind.
• Research who, in the business, is at the level now that you want to go to. Contact them for a time to visit. Find out what it is that they are doing in the business that is successful. Be sure to ask them what works for them and what did not. Incorporate the good points in your business.
• Design a plan from this point forward of how to get to your new level and how to achieve it.
• Attend classes or read posts, articles in professional publications to gain additional ideas.
• Accountability - make sure you are following your plan. Be sure to check your results on a weekly base so you don't drift off target and can correct.
• If you truly want to move to the next level .. teach a class. To move to excellence you need to master what you do. By teaching, you become the master of the material.
The final and most important step ... believe in your dream, work hard for your vision, and take the steps to make it come true!