I am very particular about the pictures that represent the property, just ask any of my Sellers. It is really your 1st shot at a Buyer, so your online presentation needs to be really good.
When i take on a listing, i belive that the mls system is our most powerful tool. I would also like to say that the picure on the mls is the first thing that customer and agents look at. In most cases if there is not a picture the listing will not even get looked at. Below i have listed a few things about listing pictures that i do.
1. Do not submit a listing without a photo. This is something that i cant personally belive that agents do.
2. Post multiple photos. It doesnt take too long to snap a few photos while your already walking a house. Please tell me that you are walking your listings.
3. Edit your photos. It only take an extra minute to run your photos through Publisher or any number of other photo programs.
4. Take some spring time photos. If the pictures of your listing has something covered in snow please take a new photo. This also applies to new construction photos, when the house is complete, take a fresh photo.
5. Clean up your photos. If there is a trash can in the photo, move it before you take a picture. If your taking your main picture and there is a window unit a/c, see if you can get it moved. There are lots of these examples but just use common sense. Make sure you have homeowner permission before moving anything.
6. Take neighborhood photos. With lots of developments there are great views, or amenities that would be great to show as part of your package. Not too many agents do this, so you can set yourself apart.
These are just a few ideas, but the point is pictures are a valuable resource so dont ignore it. You owe it to your lising and to yourself! Thanks for reading.