The secret to minimizing stress when you move into your next home is to make a checklist of all essential activities that need to be addressed before, during and after your move. Here are some of the items that should be on your list:
* Reserve a moving van or make a reservation with professional movers well ahead of time.
* Arrange for utilities, cable and phone service to be working at your new home on the day you move in.
* If you’re moving to a new area, ask for referrals for doctors, dentists, and specialists.
* Request copies of all medical and dental records for family members and pets.
* Refill all prescriptions to make sure you don’t run out too soon after the move.
* Set up new checking and savings accounts and safe-deposit boxes.
* Lightly water any plants you plan to bring to your new home.
* Back up your computer files and secure the back-up disks.
* Empty the fuel from lawnmowers and other power equipment before moving them.
* Have your car(s) serviced and filled with gas.
* Pack a box of basic items you'll need when you first arrive (toothpaste/toothbrush, blankets, coffee pot, etc.)
* Before you leave, walk through your old house to make sure everything is turned off.
We hope you find this checklist helpful. If we can help you in any way, please feel free to call or email us. You’ll find more helpful information, buying and selling tips, MLS property searches, town and community information and more on our website www.WenatcheeHouses.com.
The Davidson Team
"Start Packing Today!"
This entry hasn't been re-blogged:
Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Generate More Leads from this Listing
With a Trulia Pro Account
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!