I recently discovered that when I do a Google search on certain phrases that have a geographic location, I get a return from Google that has the Google Maps results at the very top.
Why does this matter? It is free Google placement at the very top of the page. For example, do a quick search for “Real Estate Agent in YourTown, YourState”. You will notice that most of the returns that come up are agents/companies that have enhanced their listing though Google Maps. I enhanced one client's Google Maps listing and now they are at the top of the list. (Not sure how long it will last, but we'll take it!)
I did a few searches this way for several of our clients. What I found was that most were at least listed, but they were displaying as “unverified” and worse, they didn’t have the correct information and in all cases, they did not have as much information as they could have.
SAMPLE OF AN UNVERIFIED LISTING:
SAMPLE OF ONE THAT HAS BEEN ENHANCED AND VERIFIED:
Here is your Step-By-Step Instructions on Getting Your Own Business Listing on Google Maps:
This will take you about 30 minutes to set-up. If you don't have time, email this to your Virtual Assistant to do. Don't have a Real Estate Virtual Assistant? Call RealSupport today 847-705-1655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Step 1 - Log-in/Sign-up for Google Local Business
- Go to Google's Local Business Page
- Sign-in to your Google Account, or set-up a new account if you don’t already have one.
- Click on ADD A NEW BUSINESS Don't worry, if you already have a listing, it will match you up and let you "Claim" your listing so that you may update it.
Step 2 - Add Your Information to Find (or Create) Your Business Listing
- Add as much information to this page as possible. Notice you can add "more phone numbers" so add as many as you have.
- I recommend making the Company/Organization name something like "Carrie Gable - Company Name Here" similiar to the example of above but I would put your name first.
- After you hit submit, you'll get a screen that will find your current listing, or also allow you to add a new one if you don't have a current listing.
- So, if you have a listing, CLAIM IT. If you don't, then ADD LISTING.
Step 3 - Adding More Info, logo, details
- Now that you've claimed your listing, you can add a ton more information. You can also put in your category which is important. Start typing Real Estate and it will give you the list of possible categories you will use. You can add up to 5 Categories, and I recommend adding all 5. You could use a category like "Condo Specialist" etc. How cool?!?
- ADD VIDEOS - they make it really easy to add videos from youtube too.
- ADD your Photo!
- Bottom line, add as much information as possible and submit your listing.
Step 4 - Verification
- At this point, Google will want to call the listed number to make sure you are who you say you are. They will give you a pin number and call you. Just plug in the pin number and you're done!
- You can also have them verifiy you via snailmail.
Now that you've got your account set-up you should:
- Send an email to your past clients, family, friend, etc. to go to your listing and WRITE A REVIEW. This is HUGE and very powerful.
- View your stats - when you log into your Google account, you will be able to see your Business Listing and see how many people viewed your listing.
- Create a Coupon - Google Business Center allows you to create a coupon for your listing. "FREE CMA" or "FREE Home Warranty if you purchase through me". These can only add more "Google Juice" for you!
This is a powerful FREE tool and we should all take advantage of it! If you need help setting up your Google Maps, RealSupport can help, just give us a call today at 847-705-1655, or visit our website www.RealSupportInc.com.