The Ride for the Refuge is an event to raise public awareness about domestic violence with the ultimate goal of ending the generational cycle of family violence. By joining Ellen Allen, Executive Director of the Family Refuge Center, Lewisburg, WV, you will be demonstrating your support for ending intimate partner violence through increased education and community awareness.
It is not a fund raising event, nor is it a typical organized bike ride. No registration required and no fee. There are no refreshment stops, mechanical assistance or sag support. You should bring all the water and energy you need for the duration of the ride. The event starts on May 7 and ends May 11.
Ride for the Refuge Schedule:
- Thursday, May 7: 12 noon send off by Mayor Manchester at in the Green space, Lewisburg for a 35 mile ride through the back roads of Greenbrier County. Ride will leave from the Green space, proceed down Court Street to Fairview; cross Rt. 219 to the airport and proceed to Vago Road; back to Rt. 219; take 219 N for approximately one-quarter mile then taking left onto Williamsburg Road and looping back through Raders Valley; Rt. 60 back into downtown to the Pub for a well-deserved pint!!
- Friday, May 8: 9:00 a.m. send off by Judge Robert Irons in front of City Hall, Union for another approximately 35 mile road ride. Course will follow Rt. 3 to Gap Mills; turn right onto Zenith Road; up Willow Bend and back into beautiful downtown Union.
- Saturday, May 9: 9:00am start, Greenbrier River Trail, leaving from Caldwell, riding to Denmar/ Beard for 35.4 miles.
- Sunday, May 10: A day of rest in observance of Mother's Day.
- Monday, May 11: - 9:00 am start, Greenbrier River Trail, leaving from Denmar/Beard, riding to downtown Marlinton for 17.6 miles.
Please join us on this Ride of Refuge and help break the cycle of violence. If you have any questions, please Ellen Allen at 304-645-6334 or email email@example.com
Your West Virginia Real Estate Connection for Lewisburg, WV/Greenbrier County
Call -- (304) 520-2133
Coldwell Banker Stuart and Watts
LewisburgWV and GreenbrierCounty RealEstate