Current real estate activity in Algiers LA 70131:
163 homes for sale (active listings)
- High list price $950,000
- Low list price $27,900
- Average list price $209,156
- Median list price $175,000
51 pending sales, priced from $33,250 to $299,000
Based on the number of homes sold in March (21) there is a 7.76 month supply of homes for sale in Algiers
Algiers LA 70131 – Number of Homes Sold in March 2009
The number of homes sold in Algiers 70131 more than doubled from February to March 2009, bringing the year to date sales to 38 (compared to 46 at the same time last year).
Who is buying in Algiers?
- Buyers with conventional financing: 3, at an average price of $168,333
- Cash buyers: 6, at an average price of $132,416
- FHA buyers: 12, at an average price of $146,291
That large percentage of FHA buyers should be a flag to sellers that assistance with closing costs is a typical part of getting these deals done. In March 2009, 38% of the closed sales had the sellers providing an average of $4,361 in assistance to the buyers. Before you get all upset at the buyer asking for assistance, read Keep Your Eye on the Bottom Line.
Algiers LA 70131 – Average Home Sale Price in March 2009
While the number of homes selling is rising, the average sale prices in Algiers 70131 are decreasing, ending March at $145,476 and bringing the year to date average to $150,516 (down almost 8% from the 2008 average).
What’s selling in Algiers?
- 1 home in FAIR condition, at a price of $35,500
- 5 homes in AVERAGE condition, at an average sales price of $84,600
- 2 homes in VERY GOOD condition, at an average sales price of $123,500
- 13 homes in EXCELLENT condition, at an average sales price of $180,730
Note: these sale prices are not adjusted for any assistance the sellers may have provided to the buyers. When pricing your home or determining if an offer you’ve received is fair, it’s important to take into account any adjustments to the sale price. Be sure that your West Bank real estate agent knows the ins and outs of the sales in your neighborhood and can give you the details you need to make an informed decision.
All data provided by GSREIN and is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
The West Bank Living Team provides local, professional real estate services to buyers, sellers and military relocations to and from NAS JRB New Orleans. It would be our pleasure to assist you with all of your real estate needs.