A couple of weeks ago, I was called to a house in Altadena, CA for a home staging consultation. We were hired to stage the home, but it wasn't your typical Los Angeles home staging...Staging Intervention (or Stagervention as my friend Laurie March likes to call it) was more like it. My assistants, Melissa and Michelle, worked on the house with me over the course of two weeks (including painting and repairs). Besides the paint crew, the carpenter and electrician, there were also 2 movers from the moving company (to move excess items into storage) and 2 furniture movers from Brook Furniture Rental. We transformed the whole house, but there is one room in which we did perform miracles.
Here is a set of before and after photos of the daughter's bedroom:
Before (this was after we tidied up a little bit - you couldn't see the floor when we walked in):
After (what a difference a Staging Intervention crew makes):
What we did:
- Placed all items on floor into boxes for teenage daughter and mother to sort through. Mother pointed out items she wanted donated immediately which were placed into clear plastic bags. Obvious trash was put into black plastic bags
- Gave the daughter instructions that she had 1 week to go through the boxes. Whatever wasn't put away would be donated
- Remove the existing twin bed and replaced it with a rented full size bed (with new mattress) and headboard
- Donated the desk in the corner but used existing chair, rug, nightstand and dresser (not pictured)
- Moved a table that was in the living room into the bedroom to be used as a desk
- Purchased multiple plastic organizing containers and taboret for school & office supply storage
- Purchased new bedding
- Painted room pale green, with white trim (Benjamin Moore Guilford Green HC-116)
At first the daughter was not happy about the invasion of her personal space, but now she is thrilled that she can find everything and she is no longer embarrassed to have friends over after school.
We lived up to our company name to complete this job - Moving Mountains Design. We moved mountains to get this home into market ready condition!
Moving Mountains Design - We don't sell homes but we know what makes homes sell!
*Los Angeles Home Stager- Home Stager As Miracle Worker* ©2009 Moving Mountains Design and Michelle Minch
If you are looking for a home staging company in Los Angeles, Pasadena or Altadena, call Michelle Minch at Moving Mountains Design at (626)441-8975. You can also contact us via email at Michelle@MovingMountainsDesign.com .