Manhattan Relocation Buyers Must Know, we have been assisting out of town buyers and renters to find their perfect place to live for years now. We understand that searching for an apartment in Manhattan New York may seem a bit overwhelming at first.
As Manhattan Relocation Agents-Brokers here in New York city, we have the Knowledge of what to expect, understanding the process and terminology, and learning about the present New York Real Estate market will be extremely important in helping you to find the perfect home.
Working as Manhattan Relocation Agents-brokers, we can assist you in both sales and rentals all through out the Manhattan Real Estate market. Whether its a Rental management to a Manhattan New Condo construction building. We know the market.
Manhattan Real Estate Market is unique:
- The Manhattan Real Estate Market does not have MLS (Multiple Listing Service). If you are moving from other parts of United States to Manhattan New York, it is hard to grasp the concept that we do not have MLS and as a buyer, it is sometimes tough to see or find all the listings at once, you may have to look through various websites to compare listings, there are many 'unreal' listings or out of date listings floating around different websites, it may be frustrating starting out as a relocating buyer. Working with a knowledgeable Manhattan relocation agent, you will be able to see every suitable property in your preference without missing a thing.
- Manhattan Real Estate does NOT have Lock boxes. For those of you do not know what Lock box is, please read Lock box story here. So since there is NO Lockboxes here in Manhattan New York, the listing or seller's agent will have to be there for every showing. All the showing is done by appointments, both sellers and buyers agent will be present and this is how we show or see properties here. If you know when you are coming to New York, it is a good idea for you to contact us before your arrival so we can discuss your needs and set up appointments prior to your arrival to avoid any last minute appointment requests that may not be granted due to other agents' schedule.
- Manhattan Real Estate has an 'unofficial' Saturday off. Since we do not have lock boxes, every agents are running all over town to show appointments and most of us work 6 days a week. We also rely on other agents' schedule and availability to show properties. Unlike other parts of United States, realtors can show the properties whenever works the buyer and the realtor are available, in Manhattan, it is hardly the case. If the buyer/client would like to see the property, we have to call the listing agent 24 hours ahead of the appointment day and make sure they are available as well. Most of the open houses are on Sundays, therefore both sellers and sellers' agents will defer Saturday appointment request to Sunday open houses. (Yes, exception can be made, the point here is, we have to give prior notice, usually 24 hours before we can confirm the appointment).
- Manhattan Real Estate wants to know financials if you are buying a Co-Op. Cooperatives are 75% of Manhattan Real Estate housing market. Before any agent agree to show you the Co-Op listings, we will have to pre-qualify your financials so we do not waste anyone's time. Each Co-Op building has very specific financial requirements, (Debt to income ratio, source of income, salary & bonus history, who is buying, how much the buyer is financing...etc). Please understand that we are not trying to be invasive about your financial information, we are just doing our jobs. Do not be shy about your financials if you are thinking about buying a Co-Op. If you do not want to discuss your financials, perhaps we should look at some condominiums.
On the Manhattan Relocation Buyers Must Know Part Two, we will be discussing different types of housing for Manhattan Relocation buyers. Please stay tuned. Thank you.
- Manhattan Condo Listings
- Manhattan Relocation Buyer Must Read - Know your products
- Manhattan Relocation Buyer Must Read - Financing in Manhattan
Manhattan Relocation Condos Buyers: Yes, we know the Manhattan Condo market, we know where to look to find a good condo base on your needs. It is important to know that with the historic low interest rate, many of our savviest buyers and investors are on the market right now looking with us buying a very well priced Manhattan Condo. If you are on the market to buy, we encourage you to contact us today by calling (212)321-7122 or (917)837-8869. Email us at : Ehsu(at sign)Elliman.com for immediate respond.