There are a number of advantages to creating and sharing market reports for the areas that you service.
While I focus on Carlsbad real estate, I also produce market reports for other nearby real estate markets that I handle, including Encinitas, Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, Oceanside and San Marcos.
I suspect you, too, work a number of communities, and likely find that the local markets differ, perhaps significantly.
Here are the ways to use using market reports (and the advantages)
- Increase your knowledge - you become a market expert and a more knowledgeable agent by reviewing the monthly data. You not only understand what is happening for that month but over time you can discuss trends that you see via-a-vis what the media is saying
- Share them at Open Houses for a takeaway for attendees. They will learn something about your market area, see how knowledgeable you are, and you're your branding will have yet another reason to follow-up with you or to look at your blog and websites (don't forget to include them on your hand-outs)
- Include a sampling in your pre-listing kit so prospective sellers see that YOU know the market and the comps - it will be a competitive edge I bet
- Include them in your Buyer's Packet so they see the kind of market data you provide to help them understand the market and make informed buying decisions
- Send them out in your Relocation Packet (via email, snail mail, Google Docs) to educate people moving to the area
- Share the information in a mailing (postcards, etc.) or in your email drip campaign with prospects
- Provide a summary in your newsletter (emailed or hard copy)
- Post them on your blog monthly to capture attention (with the side benefit of points on ActiveRain) or add some details to your soclal media sites
- Share them with your local paper - they may be interested in a local expert
- Use as a stay-in-touch item with your past clients to keep them abreast of what is going on in their market
So what do you think? How are YOU Using market reports? Or do you not even do them?
If I can provide more information about Escondido, Carlsbad and surrounding areas, or the housing market in general, or otherwise assist you in your homes search, please contact me by phone or text at (760) 840-1360 or email me at JDowler@remax.net.
All content copyright © 2009 Jeff Dowler Carlsbad Homes and Real Estate Tidbits