West Hollywood, California will be hosting several events during the month of May for the City of West Hollywood's Annual Senior Month celebration. What a great way to honor the community's lively senior residents.
Here is the schedule for Senior Month this year:
· May 5, 2009 - Senior Awards Luncheon and Dance from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Kensington Ballroom at the London (1020 N. San Vicente Boulevard). West Hollywood's outstanding seniors will be honored on this day. Award recipients are Logan Williams and Rita Norton.
· May 7, 2009 - Senior/Youth Photography Project Opening Reception at 7 p.m. in the Village (1125 N. McCadden Place). This is a project of Senior/Youth photography collaboration exhibits. Refreshments will be served and admission is free. For more information, call (323) 860-7394.
· May 13, 2009 - West Hollywood's 8th Annual Senior Health Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Community Center in Plummer Park (7377 Santa Monica Boulevard). The fair will feature presentations, representatives from more than 50 community organizations and health screenings. The Senior Health Fair is free. There will also be a complimentary lunch available for seniors who make reservations in advance. Call (323) 848-6820 to reserve a lunch.
· May 19, 2009 - Emergency Preparedness Lecture from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. This workshop is great for teaching seniors how to prepare for disaster and potential life threatening situations. For more information, call (323) 876-1717.
· May 21, 2009 - Cardio-Vascular Diseases Lecture from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Participants will gain tons of great knowledge of how to self monitor cholesterol, blood pressure levels and how to minimize their risk of heart disease. Healthcare professionals will also be on site to check vital signs. For more information, call (323) 876-1717.
· May 27, 2009 - May Senior Advisory Board Meeting and Reception at 2 p.m. in Plummer Park (7377 Santa Monica Boulevard). They will be discussing the community's important issues that impact seniors. There will be special guest speakers who will read poems and stories that were submitted to the annual "Senior Moments" publication. Admission for this event is free. For more information, call (323) 848-6510.
West Hollywood's seniors are going to have a great time all month long. So, if you're a senior in West Hollywood, don't miss out on any of these important and fun activities. For more information on West Hollywood's Senior Month Activities, call (323) 848-6510.