Jump in here and spread the word to those you've encouraged to join ActiveRain! The deadline has been extended to May 17th, so the clock is ticking...
UPDATE : I am reblogging this again, because the original deadline was May 10th. Yet we only had 1 entry. The new deadline is May 17th. This is the fourth contest for newbies that I have held and we always got more than 7 or 8 entries. I am semi confused, because we have a lot more new members than before. I wrote this blog a few days ago, Active Rain Success Stories Connie Harvey made an excellent comment that I think could pertain to so many, especially those new on AR. Please read Connie's comment.
On another note, I even left this as a public post, hoping that many of you will reblog this so we can get more to enter into this contest. Also, the contest rules say that you must be new and no more than 6 months on AR... and without a feature. You still can't have a feature, but if you have been on here for less than a year, please join. I know one person that joined AR 9 months ago, but didn't start to blog until a month ago. This would make perfect sense... if you aren't sure, please contact me at email@example.com thanks, jeff
Here was my original post.
I believe that each and everyone of us is different from the next. Just as I have explained that not one borrower is the same as the next. And just for the fact that each one of us blog differently. Maybe you are very new to blogging and to Active Rain. Maybe you are just afraid to put your first step out there, afraid of what others might say or think.
Well, Active Rain allows all of us to accomplish not only being different, but that it's a great platform and community to practice this on. It's a place to learn from others if we aren't sure on how to blog. Sure, there have been some bloggers from day one when joining Active Rain, they were good at what they did within their blogs. For myself, I felt that it took about 6 months, to not only find my voice, but to feel comfortable and to be good at it.
Overall, here is your chance to stand out from the crowd and to have fun with it. Why not, what do you have to lose.
Here is what I feel about Active Rain, about blogging, and what contests like this allow....
It's a chance for new members to show their talent. If anything, a chance to possibly find your blogging voice.
And keep in mind...The great thing about this community, in regards to AR, there are people willing to help you and help you grow.
So, you are new to Active Rain and possibly very new to blogging. You are afraid to jump out there and expose yourself. Here is a chance to be yourself, just put something out there, and to get new business, referrals, and to make new friends.
Do you know that 80% of the consumers out there shop online when looking for a home, mortgage services, or possibly the services of a stagger. That these consumers come to the internet looking for information and hoping to be educated on certain services. Have you read the many success stories here on Active Rain, proving that blogging works? Check them out here : Active Rain Block Party
We Want You !!!! With so many new ways in regards to technology, blogging has been a great way to market yourself and your business. But how can I blog? What can I write about? What about my presentation or style of writing? It takes time and for many of us, it didn't happen over night. You must be patient.... But what a great place to try and learn how to blog other than writing on Active Rain.
Within this contest, just be yourself. Judging will be based on original content and creativity. It won't be limited to just writing, meaning that you can use videos in your blog, graphics, and or pictures. It can be on anything that you want it to be, any topic. What we want is for you to capture our interest. And keep in mind, lay-out and readability is important also, just as staging a home.... presentation.
And think of this contest as a way to prime yourself for your what you do, if you are a realtor, loan officer, title clerk, appraiser, etc, etc. Sheldon Neal just wrote about this the other day, What makes you different? Stand out from the crowd? This is perfect timing and a must read... and fits very well with the theme of this contest.
Second Prize will be awarded 750 points
Third Prize will be awarded 500 points
*200 additional points for all that enter this contest*
You can view the entries here..... A Newbie Contest - Be diffierent from the crowd
1. Who is eligible? Anyone on this site less than 6 months (please read below about this ) and who has never had a feature. Yes, if you have been on here for less than 6 months, but have received a feature, you can't enter. For some of you that don't know, a feature is that little Gold Star that you get at the bottom of your post and your blog is placed on the main page of Active Rain. Those blogs being featured in the AR groups don't count as an AR feature. UPDATE : even if you have been on here for a few months longer than 6 months, please read this comment : Additon to the contest rules
2. Number of entrees per person will be limited to (2) and it must be completely original and authored by you. Any plagiarism found will be deleted and may be posted on Rich Jacobson's "wanted for plagiarism" post.
3. Submit your post to these 4 groups : A newbie contest - Be different than the crowd - 5/03/09, Dedicated Bloggers, Bloggers Choice Selections, Positive Attitude for the Weary Soul. The 5th & last group can be your group of choice.
4. Make sure that the title of your blog starts with "A newbie contest - Be different from the crowd".
5. You must include the following in your Tag words below : "A newbie contest - be different from the crowd". If you don't, you won't qualify.
6. DEADLINE for submitting entries is Sunday, May 17th at midnight.
7. Winners will be announced Tuesday, May 19th.
8. Only 200 points will be awarded per PERSON regardless of the number of entries submitted - with the exception of the Winners.
PS.... please, also link your entry in this post, in your comment......
Lastly, bribing the judges can and will be optional. But nothing under 2,000 rubles. Hence why the judges won't be mentioned until the contest ends at midnight on November 1st. Anyone wanting to judge, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the previous Newbie contests and contest winners :
- Contest - 04/21/2008 : "Give it your Best Shot", & Winner : Winner of "Give it your Best Shot" contest
- Contest - 10/25/2008 : A Chance for Newbies to Shine on Active Rain & Winner : Winner of the chance to shine contest
- Contest - 01/21/2009 : A newbie contest - It's even better than American Idol & Winner : The winner of the Active Rain Newbie Contest !!!!!! - It's even Better than American Idol
GOOD LUCK TO ALL !!!!!