Do any of you remember rainy day recess at school? I do. I always missed going outside, but we learned to have a lot of fun inside and get all of our energy out...poor teachers!
I have put together a list of things that I do with my girls when it is just to wet to go outside. This is my top ten.
1. Watch home movies.You taped it to remember it all and today is a perfect day for reflecting.
2.Make A movie. Let the kids get creative. Trust me you will be laughing at this for years to come.
3. Put a puzzle together.
4. Bake. Take your time. make cookies and decorate the heck out of them.
5. Put pictures in your photo album. Or add them to your profiles.
6.Paint. Get an old table cloth and a bunch of paper and let them create.All of these pictures can add up so let them use it as wrapping paper for gifts later on.
7.Write a story with each person adding a line one at a time. This can be a lot of fun and a great way to sneak in a little education.
8.Build a fort with chairs and sheets. Don't forget fort food and flashlights.
9. Make houses out of popsicle sticks, toothpicks, or marsh mellows. You can also make edible jewelry.
10. Go see how many puddles you can jump in. Dress for the occasion and have a blast. Don't forget your camera so that you can remember the moment. Then come inside- change, dry off, and have a hot cup of cocoa!