Have you gotten all your spring cleaning done yet? Summer is just around the corner, so if you plan on putting your home on the market, here are some tips to help you sell:
1. CURB APPEAL. It's the first thing buyers see when they arrive at your home.
- Clear flowerbeds of fallen leaves
- Keep lawns cut and nicely edged
- Trim hedges and shrubs
- Weed and edge gardens
- Power wash the exterior
- Plant colorful, inexpensive flowers in pots if necessary
2. DE-CLUTTER. There is nothing more unsightly than a cluttered home.
- Clear halls and stairs of clutter
- Store surplus furniture
- Clear kitchen counters and stove top
- Organize closets and remove any unnecessary clothing and shoes
- Discard empty boxes and containers
- Minimize personal photos so buyers can envision the house as theirs
3. SQUEAKY CLEAN. A clean, fresh smelling home invites buyers in.
- Clean and freshen up bathrooms
- Clean fridge and stove (in and out)
- Clean around heating vents
- Clean washer and dryer
- Clean carpets, drapes and window blinds
- Eliminate pet odors and stains from carpets
Remember, a little time and a few dollars spent can earn back TWICE as much!