The home buying process is complex and involves many people working together to get to the preparation of the contract and the successful closing. To that end, these are some of the items/forms I will present to you when we first meet.
1. In the state of Ohio I am required by law to give to you a document called "The Consumer Guide To Agency Relationships". This must be presented to you at or prior to our first meeting as it explains in detail the relationships that can occur when working with a real estate agent. Please read it carefully and call me with any questions. After your questions have been answered please sign, date and return the document to me.
2.I am able to show you any home listed in the Multiple Listing Service. I have met some buyers that think they must call the company or agent that has the home listed and this is not true.
3. In order for me to earn a commission, I must be the procuring cause of the sale .Procuring cause has been the subject of many papers and articles and has many facets .In its most simplistic form it means that I must be the first one to show you the home, and be involved in the chain of events leading to the sale.
4. If you attend an open house without me, it is possible that I will not be able to help you with the sale. I often hold open houses on Sundays but if you let me know there is an open house you would like to attend, all it takes is a phone call to me. My preference is to accommodate you either before or after the open house, or I will call the agent who will be at the home you want to see. Most agents will gladly welcome you into the open house as my client, provided I have called them in advance.
5.A pre-approval from your lender is critical to the home buying process. Lending guidelines have changed a great deal and a good loan officer will help you understand what is required for you to obtain a mortgage.
6. Most multiple listing services are designed to allow you to receive listings directly into your e-mail and ours is no different. In my opinion this is the very best way to find out about homes that will meet your criteria. Approximately 87% of the buying public begins their search on line and while the internet is a great tool, often the data is not current and you may find if you search this way you may not be getting the most accurate information. Our is called the client portal and once you have determined your needs/desires, I will enter you search criteria into our system which updates every 24 hours and you will receive the listings for all the homes that may be a fit, including those whose prices have been reduced and now meet your price requirements.
7. While I know and can appreciate that your needs/desires may change while we are looking for your home, please fill out the buyer questionnaire regarding bedrooms, baths, etc so that I have a good idea of those needs. Please pay special attention to the items that are "must haves" so that I know they are very important to you, such as an attached garage or a finished basement. That way I can prepare the client portal accordingly.
8. Buying a foreclosed or short sale home can be vastly different than a "traditional" transaction and you may incur a much longer close.
9.Please take a few moments to read "Home Inspection: Why You Should Obtain One"
10.Lastly, the home buying process should be fun, informed and educational and lead to your purchase of just the right home. That is my ultimate goal!
If you would like to buy or sell a home in Brecksville Ohio or in the surrounding communities, please call me at 440-263-7496, or you may want to visit my website for more specific information on the communities I service: Brecksville Ohio Real Estate, Broadview Heights Ohio Real Estate, North Royalton Ohio Real Estate Independence Ohio Real Estate, Seven Hills Ohio Real Estate, Parma Ohio Real Estate, Parma Heights Ohio Real Estate and Middleburg Heights Ohio Real Estate. Information is obtained from Neohrex and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.