1. In baseball if you fail only 7 out of 10 times you might end up in the Hall of Fame. With this fact players are eager to get up at bat they "dare to fail". Pretty much all teams in baseball win 1/3 of there games and lose 1/3 of there games. It's the other 3rd that determines success. Can you risk failing in public like a ball player does (in front of 30,000 angry fans)?
Do you take baby swings in life or simply bunt or hope for a walk?
2. Life like baseball has a long season. After 162 games the different between the # 1 team and the #2 team could be a few "bounces of the ball". To stay focused during so much chaos, uncertainty and pressure is an act of courage and emotional strength.
3. Baseball players work long hours and have a strong support network. Baseball players get to the park in the early afternoon they practice (to constantly refine their craft) and then wait for hours (they are patient).
Every player on the field is moving with every pitch in anticipation of action. (Constantly prepared to perform). Games start a 7:05pm and end at around 11:00pm by the time they unwind, eat and go to bed it must be 1:00pm (they work long hours). They are on the road 50% of the time their families make big sacrifices too.
4. We all go through slumps in life and we all make errors. People cheer when we win and boo when we lose but we are the same person regardless of the result. A lot of things in life are out of our control.
The most loyal fans in sports Cubs and Red Sox have tasted the most bitter defeats. But, it makes the Glory to come even more powerful. (thanks Billy B.) We are at our best when we forgive ourselves or our team mates and press on.
5. Don't ever lose the passion to win in the big leagues. Don't settle for a mid level (minor league) job that you could easily succeed at. Reach for the glory of the big leagues and have the courage to swing at every good pitch and slide hard into home.
6. Some day the game will be over, no one plays or lives forever. Make the best use of your time. Leave a legacy of goodwill behind with fans, team mates your community and organization. Coach others and share your wisdom. Give them your respect and love regardless their results!