Here are some beaches area statistics by zip code for Atlantic Beach, Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach. This compares year ago 2008 with current year 2009 activity.
Zip Code 32233 - Atlantic Beach
- Average Sales Price = $398,700 which is off by .48% from 2008 (not significant)
- Total Homes Sold = 34, which is 17% higher than 2008.
- Average Days On Market = 120
- List Price/Sold Price Index = 86.7%
Zip Code 32250 - Jacksonville Beach
- Average Sales Price = $294,200 which is 27.54% down from 2008
- Total Homes Sold = 48 which is 37% higher than 2008
- Average Days On Market = 105
- List Price/Sold Price Index = 93.9%
Zip Code 32266 - Neptune Beach
- Average Sales Price = $584,100 which is 113% higher than 2008
- Total Homes Sold = 11, which is 22% higher than 2008
- Average Days On Market = 130
- List Price/Sold Price Index = 97.2%
We can see there is good news here - ALL the beaches are are experiencing higher than a year ago sold activity. It's important to keep in mind the reduction in sales price can be re-captured on the buying side at this time as well - if you lose, in essence, $50K on your sale, you will make up at least, in essence, $50K on your new purchase.
The terrific news is that homes are selling, buyers are getting loans, and buying - now is the time to get moving if you have plans to buy, sell, or take advantage of the 1st time homebuyer tax credit!
Carol Zingone is a Broker Associate with a 100% Customer Satisfaction Rating in Jacksonville Beach, FL with Prudential Network Realty. She helps buyers and sellers throughout the Beaches, Intracoastal West and Greater Jacksonville, FL areas. She can be reached at 904/993-9048 or via email at email@example.com