- NUMBER ONE AND MOST IMPORTANT - READ THIS IF YOU SKIP EVERYTHING ELSE! Make sure you are proud of what you send out to your list, every time. I have a newsletter that focuses on marketing for entrepreneurs and realtors. It takes me about 4 hours, 2 days per month to do my newsletter. I am ALWAYS proud of what I am sending and have very few people request to be removed from my list.
- Having a list means needing a database. Your database can be an excel spreadsheet or you can use Top Producer or Wise Agent, either way you need to be able to contact those people on a regular basis. Include First Name, Last Name, Address 1, City, State, Zip, Email and Phone at a minimum.
- When you are starting out, ADD EVERYONE! - I had a conversation with a client yesterday and he questioned the viability of adding someone you know that has no connection to your business. I have had the most referrals for my business from a friend who has never purchased from me. You never know who your friends and family know who might be a customer.
- As for a business card from EVERYONE you meet. We often give our card to people and forget to ask for theirs. Add those people the day you get them and start them on an autoresponder series (see below) to keep yourself fresh in their mind
- Autoresponders (or drip marketing) are series of messages that you send to people after putting them in your database. They give information about your business and can gently sell your product or service. Most database programs allow you to set up autoresponders, if you are using Outlook, make a task to send out messages for at least the next few weeks to your new person.
- Places to get new list members #1 - I get LOTS of new list members by teaching! Offer a prize and collect business cards or send a sign-up sheet around to all the attendees. Make sure they know they will be added to your list!
- Networking Groups - Go to meetup.com and search for local groups you can join. Talking directly with humans is a GREAT way to get people to add to your database!
- Social Networking - Using Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter is a great way to build your list. DO NOT add everyone who “friends” you. From time to time put a link in that encourages them to sign up for your newsletter.
- Your Sphere - I know, you have added EVERYONE from your sphere already but have you thought of your doctor, lawyer, accountant, church members, gym club friends, your spouse’s friends, your kid’s friends parents.
- Last but not least - NEVER SPAM YOUR LIST! EVER! Recently I had someone belittle me because I wouldn’t take an “opportunity” to sell something to my list. Well…I didn’t believe in it, it didn’t match my list and I declined. I have NEVER regretted not sending something to my list and will never send anything I am not proud of!
A long list but SUPER easy to do and the results will be stupendous!!!
I know you are busy! If you need to know WHAT to send out in your Realtor Email Newsletter check out our Thrive Client Contact System for Realtors!
Become a fan of my Marketing Artfully Facebook Page for more info like this! And don't forget to sign up for my free email newsletter for Real Estate Pros and Entrepreneurs!