Emmaus PA Emergency Resources and Who to call for help....local Fire department & Police Information Plus links to other community information.
Fire Department of Emmaus PA
Volunteer | Fire Prevention
The EMMAUS FIRE DEPARTMENT proudly protects people and properties in Emmaus and its immediate vicinity. Until the 1980’s fire protection operated through three fire companies. In 1980, the Borough completed construction of the Central Fire Station on 6th Street from which all personnel and equipment are currently dispatched.
The Fire Department’s staff is comprised of paid on-call volunteers who respond, on average, 375-400 calls per year. Calls include fire protection, rescue/extrication, and HAZMAT response, and are dispatched via Lehigh County’s 911 Communications Center.
The Department proudly serves the community by:
• Providing fire prevention education to the Borough’s 3 elementary schools with over 1500 students
• Operating and maintaining its fire training facility at 101 Klines Lane, near the Compost Site
• Conducting Swede Flashover Survival Training classes since 1992
• Being Pennsylvania Test Site No. 7 for Fire Fighter Certification Testing
Its fleet of vehicles includes:
• Two 1998 Central States 1250 GPM Pumpers
• One 110’ Simon LTI 1989 Aerial
• Central States 2002 Heavy Rescue Unit
• 1989 Chevrolet Fire Police Vehicle
• 1985 Chevrolet and a 1983 Ford Special response units
• 1969 Ford bucket utility truck
• 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe, Fire Chief’s vehicle
• A tactical foam system that expands foam concentrates 28 to 1, which is mounted on a 1986 Keiser Jeep 6x6
EMMAUS FIRE DEPARTMENT
100 NORTH SIXTH STREET
EMMAUS, PA 18049
For Emergencies: Dial 911
Emmaus Police Department
Established in 1909, the Emmaus Police Department celebrates it's 100th anniversary this year!
"Serving Emmaus with Pride and Respect"
A Pennsylvania Accredited Law Enforcement Agency
During the late 1800's the Borough of Emmaus provided protection for the community by appointing "High Constables." Emmaus appointed it's first Police Chief in 1909, and the Emmaus Police Department was established.
Currently, the police department has a staff of 20 full time officers, which includes one K-9 officer, 2 part time officers, 9 special police officers, and 2 clerical staff. The police department offers 24 hour service and coverage 365 days a year.
Emmaus Ambulance History
"Ambulance Service for Residents of Emmaus and Vicinity Believed Only Contribution of Its Kind in the Country."
"Ready to Serve- Members of the Emmaus Volunteer Ambulance Corps are ready to provide service on a 24 hours a day basis for residents of the area.
Organized on October 20, 1946 with the help of the Emmaus Lions Club, the Emmaus Community Ambulance Corps proudly affirms, "We have never refused a call."
Ambulance Department of Emmaus PA
Ambulance Corps. Advanced Life Support - EMS Station 63, Lehigh County, PA
** READY TO RESPOND 24/7 **
• Emmaus Ambulance Corps provides ambulance coverage for Emmaus Borough, the eastern portion of Upper Milford Twp., and a portion of Western Salisbury Twp. in Lehigh County, PA.
• The Corps also provides mutual aid response to surrounding areas including: Macungie Borough, Lower Macungie Twp., Upper Saucon Twp., and City of Allentown.
• As of April 1, 2004, the Corps began Advanced Life Support service, allowing the Corps to provide a higher level of patient care via state certified paramedics with advanced cardiac care and trauma care procedures.
• Our service currently houses 3 ALS equipped ambulances and 1 wheelchair / ambulette transport van.
• Emmaus Ambulance Corps provides 911 coverage 24/7, 365 days per year.
• We are dispatched by Lehigh County 911 Communications Center in Allentown, PA.
Emmaus Ambulance Numbers
EMERGENCY CALLS 9-1-1
Main Office / Billing 610-967-5615
Second Office Line 610-965-0720
Transport Requests 610-965-4988
EMS Crew Line 610-965-0721
Fax (crew room, not secure) 610-966-5236
Fax (billing office, secure) 610-967-4432
Lehigh County Communications Center Non-Emergency Number: (if no answer at station) 610-437-5252
Other Emmaus Community Resources and Information
Parks & Recreation
Things to Do
Houses of Worship