As I prepare for 5 weeks on the road, many people are saying "I wish I could take off for a month". The truth is you can! You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to and focus your priorities on.
The simple directive, "Follow your bliss" was penned by Joseph Campbell years ago and yet few seem to be able to set aside worries and minutiae to throw off the energy draining parts of their lives to get on with enjoying......
Here's a very simple tip as I leave to follow my idea of bliss:
If you'd like delve deeper into how you can have more bliss this summer:
- Write down what a perfect day would look like if obligations and money were no object.
- Then identify the elements of that day that you could be enjoying in, perhaps, a smaller way right now. For instance, if travel is a part of that perfect life, maybe camping out in the backyard or a day excursion to a local attraction playing like a tourist in your own town would be fun!
- Thoughtfully incorporate something each day that brings you joy and the experience of having what you see as "perfect" now.
- Make a list of lots of things that would bring you the experience you desire that are able to be enjoyed right now
- I bet there are a lot of ways you can experience what you may be waiting to have the time to enjoy. Do it now!
- Bliss, I find, is expanded when we are grateful and appreciative of what we DO have! Go blow bubbles and giggle!
Travel and family are two pieces of a wonderful life for me and I am excited to look forward to the 5000 miles Bub, Lily and I are going to trek together.