It was an extremely difficult decision to leave the comfort and security of a position with a major Real Estate Brokerage firm to pursue what is now my passion. I began work on my Home Staging business plan more than a year ago, but was unable (and afraid) to truly devote the time and energy needed to go full steam ahead.
It wasn't until I stopped and listened to my inner voice (step #1) that I made the decision to quit my full-time job. It was scary. Friends and family questioned my decision and in turn, had me second guessing myself and my abilities. I cannot begin to stress the importance of Step #4 (tuning out the voice of the world).
I didn't realize that Home Staging was my passion until I took the leap of faith. What an incredible journey it has been. Are you doing what you love? Read on for suggestions on discovering your passion!
Courtesy of MSN.com Lifestyle:Women and Oprah.com http://lifestyle.msn.com/mindbodyandsoul/personalgrowth/articleOPRAH.aspx?cp-documentid=4920118>1=10013
The one big question most of us ask ourselves is "What should I do with my life?" For most people, it's very difficult to answer. Use these simple suggestions from people who have successfully answered this question and are now living the life of their dreams. Be inspired to pursue your dreams and discover the impact you are meant to have on the world!
Ten Steps to Discovering Your Passion
1. Listen to your inner voice. It takes practice to hear your true desires. Your passion will often come as a whisper or serendipitous event that reminds you of what's important and what makes you happy.
2. Recognize crisis. Does your job feel like a grind? Are you spending your free time on something you love? Take an opportunity to appraise your happiness. One of the keys to living a purposeful life is seeing that you feel unfulfilled.
3. Dwell in possibilities. Your passions could lead you in a lot of different directions to find fulfillment. Explore your life and unearth all of the things that bring you joy.
4. Tune out the voice of the world. Make the strongest voice in your life your own. Finding your purpose could mean going against the advice of close friends and family. Take a leap of faith and trust in your dreams.
5. Decide what kind of person you want to be. Rather than concentrating on what you want to do, think in terms of what kind of person you want to be. Let that guide your choices.
6. Bring your heart to your work. It takes passion and courage to find a profession that you love. Spending the time to discover that job is time well spent-it could make all the difference in your life!
7. Trust transformation. Hard times are a natural part of life. Don't be afraid to change because of your experiences. Instead, let them shape and steer your course.
8. Have no regrets. According to the experts, it's easy to regret the time you've spent being unhappy or unfulfilled. Realize that during that time, you developed the skills you need to succeed!
9. Take the first step. Destiny can't help you until you are willing to step out of your comfort zone. Get prepared to make changes in your life ... and start making them!
10. Be patient. Finding your life purpose won't happen overnight. In every life, there's a fast road and a slow road. Most of us take the slow road! Keep your commitment and take small steps to make it happen.