Do You Trust Trump? Rational vs. Emotional Buying

Home Stager with Upstage, LLC

Let’s face it, investment property deals seem to be intellectual situations, not emotional.  But, about 80% of all buying decisions are based on emotional response.  The other 20% is rational. Call it gut reaction, a hunch or just that something special, it is the emotional triggers that motivate a purchase decision.  Logical reasoning just provides the back up.

Every sales situation needs to hit the buyer’s sweet spot.  That is why instructors at Trump University suggest staging for investment properties.  Read full article here:  Commercial Real Estate 101: 5 Ways to Sell an Investment Property in a Tough Market


Investment Staging:

·  Creates an emotional connection

·  Showcases potential (that is sometimes hidden)

·  Leaves a lasting impression


One investment property can look a lot like the next, or the last 5.  Don’t leave potential buyers just crunching numbers.  Give them something that elicits that emotional response.  The logic is sure to follow. 

Do you have your own examples of this?  Share you thoughts and experiences with me.



Upstage, LLC is pleased to introduce a new service for owners of investment properties.  Our unique formula can stage your property for as little as $99 and will be complete in less than half a day.  Time is money, so upstage the competition today!


This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Real Estate Sales and Marketing
Oregon Realtors and other Real Estate Professionals
Services for Real Estate Professionals
Fixers, Flips, and Rehabs
Portland Metro Real Estate
real estate investing
home staging
investment property
portland or real estate
investment staging

Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Cindy Claflin
R.A.N Realty & Property Management - Mesa, AZ
Debrocke, ABR

Thanks for sharing.  I'll keep this in mind.


Jun 11, 2009 06:46 AM #1
An Marshall
Berkshire Hathaway - St. Augustine - Saint Augustine, FL
Your St Augustine Real Estate Consultant

I love the name for your company.  I have just seen photos of our (co-lister and myself) staged home!  wow it has left impression on my partner and both sellers.  I am doing OpenHouse there on Saturday.  Can't wait!

Jun 11, 2009 06:59 AM #2
Keller Williams Realty - Austin, TX
Over 2,000 homes sold…..

Pristine and price hold true in commercial, residential and land.  Emotion plays a massive role despite what many investors may claim.  I want an investment piece of land to be cleared and spotless.  Why?  I want the developer to be out on the property and to have his mind ponder at the possibilities. NO PROPERTY I LIST, WHETHER RESIDENTIAL OR COMMERCIAL IS NOT STAGED....and I don't care how nice the place is.

Jun 11, 2009 07:00 AM #3
Mark MacKenzie
Phoenix, AZ


This is a really though provoking post.  I am certainly a numbers guy when it comes to investment real estate, but I will also be the first to admit that I like having a "good looking" investment. :)

Jun 11, 2009 07:08 AM #4
Sheridan Corrie
Upstage, LLC - West Linn, OR

An, I'm glad staging was impressive.  How did the Open House go?


Tim, thanks for weighing in.  I agree!


Mark, hope this perspective helps you.

Jun 13, 2009 02:43 PM #5
Debra Valentine
Designing Details ~ Staging & Design, LLC - Bountiful, UT
Utah Home Staging for, Bountiful, Salt Lake & Surrounding Areas

Sheridan: Great post and a the link is a great resource for us to point our hesitant clients to - like him or not, Trump is successful and respected by many!

Jun 14, 2009 08:16 AM #6
Sheridan Corrie
Upstage, LLC - West Linn, OR

I agree, Debra.  I hope it earns some credibility for us.

Jun 14, 2009 05:41 PM #7
Chris Olsen
Olsen Ziegler Realty - Cleveland, OH
Broker Owner Cleveland Ohio Real Estate

Hi Sheridan -- This is the first post and conversation that I have heard regarding staging commercial properties, but all Net Operating Income being equal, it seems a buyer might be persuaded by these otehr considerations.  Interesting perspective.

Jun 15, 2009 12:25 AM #8
Troy Jowers
Pogo Realty, LLC - New Orleans, LA
New Orleans Realtor

In these days of huge inventory and scarce buyers, it's obvious (not just in commercial) that proper staging can make a difference. Especially, as Chris stated, "all NOI being equal." Thanks for the post and link!

Jun 19, 2009 06:51 AM #9
Pangaea Interior Design Kitchen & Bath Design, Remodeling
Portland Oregon - Portland, OR

I agree. Business people are human too and have the same difficulties envisioning a space as a good working environment as a person has envisioning how their furniture will look in a house. It makes plenty of sense to me.

Jul 01, 2009 01:46 PM #10
Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?


Sheridan Corrie

Ask me a question
Spam prevention

Additional Information