Here is a list of ideas that my cost a little bit more than the tips provided in my previous blog but these ideas can make a big difference to all home owners. Energy savings or healthier living, it all good.
- Conduct an energy audit.
- Tune up the HVAC
- Replace carpets with no-VOC styles
- Replacing wood floors? Try bamboo or cork flooring
- Install a tankless hot water heater
- Insulate attice and other areas
- Use drought resistant or native plants for landscaping
- Install window shading to prevent heat loss or gain
- Buy recycled products if possible
Most of these items are not to just go out and do, but if you are renovating or in need of replacing items in your home or business you don’t have to look hard to find a GREEN solution.