Fire in Laundry Room of new Terranea Resort Forces Evacuation

Real Estate Agent with Remax Estate Properties - BRE #01368971

A fire broke out in a laundry room of the new Terranea Resort last night at approx. midnight and was put out in about in about an hour and forced the temporary evacuation of hotel guests from their rooms. The resort had been open for just 1 week when the fire struck. Damage appears to be limited to the laundry room, however smoke did reach the air conditioning system causing some smoke damage.

 Outdoor patio and fireplace at Nelson's bar at the new Terranea Resort.

I had just been at the resort that night and left about 2 hours before the fire. We had a lovely time at the new Nelson's bar at the edge of the cliffs at the Resort.  We snacked on the shrimp tacos which were fantastic!!!  By the way, Nelson's bar is named after the Mike Nelson character of the old Sea Hunt TV series that was filmed at this location in the 19560's when it was Marineland of the Pacific.

For more information on the Terranea Resort , visit my website at


This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Real Estate General Information
California Los Angeles County Rancho Palos Verdes Palos Verdes Dr South
RE/MAX Active Rain Bloggers
Posts to Localism
Luxury Home Agents
Addicted to Active Rain
terranea resort

Spam prevention

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?


Maureen Megowan

Palos Verdes Real Estate Blog
Ask me a question
Spam prevention

Additional Information