Dryer Vent Repair and Maintenance Prevent Fires and Save Energy

Services for Real Estate Pros with Dryer Vent Wizard

Dryer vent repair and maintenance need to be taken much more seriously.  Too many people lose their homes, possessions and even their lives as a result of clothes dryer fires. 


There is always something that needs a homeowner's attention, including yard maintenance, appliance maintenance, plumbing, electrical and much more!  It all can be very overwhelming; some important things are often forgotten.


The most common appliance maintenance issue often overlooked by homeowners is the clothes dryer.  We throw in a load of wet laundry, set the dial and take it for granted as it usually gives us the result we are looking for; dry clothes.


Unless you're one of the unfortunate people who have experienced a dryer fire you probably don't give it much thought.  Do you know that over 15,000 dryer fires are reported annually?  Almost every one of these fires is caused by failure to maintain with proper dryer vent cleaning.


Your dryer duct system removes the moisture, heat and lint from your laundry as it dries.  If you have a gas dryer, it also removes gas by-products that you don't want venting into your home as they pose a carbon monoxide risk.


Approximately 60% of the lint is caught in the lint screen that should be cleaned after each load of laundry.  The other 40% escapes into your dryer duct system where some of it makes it out through the vent outside.  Some gets stuck in the ducts along the way.  As the lint builds up, air flow is restricted; therefore, the heat and moisture cannot escape and clothes take longer to dry.


Sticky, moist lint attracts more lint.  It can build up quite quickly.  Lint is combustible; a dryer fire will spread very quickly.  A professional dryer vent cleaning specialist can inspect your system to be sure it meets today's safety codes.  Not only is dryer vent cleaning essential; proper installation of proper materials is important to ensure safety.


D. Benson of Dryer Vent Wizard is a professional who installs dryer vent systems and provides dryer vent repair, cleaning and maintenance while helping to educate consumers so they understand how to keep their dryer exhaust systems in good working order.  Dryer Vent Wizard has made a commitment to make 1 million dryers safer and greener by the year 2010.




Comments (0)