Havertown homes are selling! With 67 units sold at an average sales price of $292,716, June 2009 marks the highest number of units sold in one month since June 2008 (according to Trend Multiple Listing Service Statistics run on July 1, 2009)
We've not only seen the the most sales in one month (27 more units sold then May 2009) but also the highest average sales price and the least number of Days on Market (68) for 2009. While June is typically one of the strongest months for residential sales in our area, this information is encouraging in that the trends still exist in our changed economy.
What's Driving the Havertown Market?
- First time Home Buyers - 70% of my sales this year have come from first time home buyers taking advantage of great prices, great rates, and the $8,000 tax credit.
- Location and Price - Havertown fits the right price range at the right location. With great neighborhoods, great schools, and great location, their are very few alternative locations that offer all Haverford Township with home selling on average just under $300,000.00.
- Trading Up - With the draw of first time home buyers, homeowners looking for more space are finding great deals for less while being able to sell their own homes. With rates in the low and affordability being the highest its been in years, homeowners are realizing the advantages in this market.
- Amenities & Condition - There's no substitute for homes with the works and in great condition. When there's lots of homes to look at, the magnifying glass is pulled out and everything counts. The homes that reach this status are gone in days if not hours.
- Central Air - While I don't have statistics to back this up, I believe Central Air is one of the best things Havertown homeowners can do to improve the value and sale ability of their homes. The buyers in the market grew up with the luxury of central air in their parent's homes and they want it badly. The home with central air will sell sooner then the home without, given similar other conditions
- Family Room/Extra Space - Old homes in Havertown tend not to have 1st floor family rooms, so when they do, or have a good alternative, like a nicely finished basement, buyers become very interested.
More to come and lots to look forward to.
I'll Keep You Posted!