Yesterday, Marc Blasi, tagged me for a meme. And I smiled. It must mean I've arrived. :)
I searched Meme's and found a great post by Lucky Lang. His post Meme Tutorial and Alphabetical Index of all Memes on Active Rain! kept me from Meme'ing someone for the second (or third!) time. I highly recommend it if you get tagged for a meme.
Here are five things you don't know about me (in no particular order...)
1) Since January of 2007 I have been taking fencing lessons. I really, really enjoy it. My instructor says I'm "dangerous" and wants me to continue to compete in leagues. I have wanted to take lessons since I was 12. I take lessons at Metro Tacoma Fencing Club off 15th and Martin Luther King, Jr streets in Tacoma. It is a great sport for all ages. I've seen fencers from age 6 to age 80 at the club. My first time on the strip I got whooped in about 30 seconds by a 10 year old. But, alas, the next week, he got whooped. My competitive side couldn't let him win again.
2) In addition to my lovely dog Belle, I have a cat. Rory is a muted calico and is about 16 years old. Fat, sassy, and quite content I think. She routinely claims Belle's bed as her own and Belle will sleep on the floor next to the bed. Even though Rory only takes the corner of the 3' by 4' bed, Belle will not share it with her. Rory loves to rub against feet. It's quite comical - she would do it for hours if you let her.
3) I have 2 brothers but I am the only sports fan in the family. Watching a football game or a baseball game is a great way to spend an afternoon in my book. I try to go to a handful of Seattle Mariner's games a year and I have season tickets to the Seattle Seahawks.
4) I am allergic (or intolerant) to wheat and sugar. I just found this out in December so I am on a sharp learning curve right now. You would be shocked and amazed (I am!) at the foods with wheat and or sugar in them. Who knew Oven Roasted Turkey Breast contained sugar?!
5) Growing up I wanted to be a Veterinarian. I took a job in a vet clinic the day I was able to legally work. I took college courses in high school and loaded my schedule with classes like Biology 3&4, Calculus, and Science 3&4. I took very few electives because I wanted to get my college courses out of the way. Funny thing happened though. After my first year of college I was so burnt out on classes that I knew I could not go to school for another 5-6 years to get my Veterinarian degree. So I let WSU (a fantastic vet program) know that I would not be attending and moved on.
Ok, there are my five. Per the rules I need to tag 3 others.... so... after checking Lucky's post...
A) Brande Bradford
B) Bob Mitchell (St. Louis)
C) Teri Eckholm
Tag you're it!