Facebook Fan Pages are a great tool for real estate agents to use for marketing themselves online. They allow you to make personal connections, on a very extended basis. You can create one on one conversations with many people at a time. Hopefully you’ve already set one up for yourself (if not, here’s a post on the basics of a Facebook fan page).
Here are some more tips for optimizing your Facebook fan page so it works even harder for you!
1. The more active your Facebook fan page is (through comments, photos, wall posts, etc. by you and your fans), the better it will do. A great way to make sure that you have activity on your page on a regular basis is by defining a publishing schedule for the page. Updating the page may not stay at the top of your mind like updating your blog might, so mark on a calendar how often you’d like to add new content to the page. It can be as simple as posting a link to your blog post every time you publish, adding a link to an interesting article or helpful site as you come across them, or being sure to upload photos of your new listings after you add them to your website, but the more you plan to publish, the more successful and active the page will be.
2. Create an easy to remember URL for your page. There are a couple different ways to do this -
- Through the Memorable Web Address Facebook application
- Through a customized URL shortener like tinyurl.com or bit.ly
- Or, for the more tech-savvy, through a redirect on your site (you can visit How to make a Redirect for Affiliate Links for instructions)
3. Display different content for Fans and Non-Fans
This is a great tip from Mashable, and they give complete instructions on setting this up through the Facebook FBML code (sounds hard but only takes about 5 minutes).