"Can Driven Realtors Learn, Share, and Grow - in Just One Weekend - and Have Loads of Fun at the Same Time?"
You know, even in these tough economic times . . . I think so! Indeed, I do!
you want proof of the fun part? Here's a link to a few photos I just posted on Facebook - you tell me!
This past weekend in Livonia, MI, near Detroit, what we call our Core Group gathered - some from nearby (Chicago is only about a 4 1/2 drive to Suburban Detroit). Some flew in from further away - from places like Florida, or California, Alabama, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Minnesota, and many more Real Estate Hot Spots.
All seem to have been scarred a bit by the changing nature of the Real Estate Market. Most have suffered deep cuts to their real estate revenue over the last twelve months.
Many have had the confidence eroded. Some, deeply!
But, as if by magic, coming together a couple of times each year with Floyd, his Master Trainers, and our Fellow Students offers rejuvenating effects. It's like a Fountain of Truth for many!
And, for all, it helps us commit to getting back on track, as Floyd himself likes to say!
We all shared our thoughts. And ideas. Our money-making tips. Our strategy for getting an underwater short sale seller to close. Our approach to dealing with home sellers still stuck at the top of the Real Estate Market - even though the fall over the last year or so has been a sizable one.
And, most importantly, we have all endured. With poise. And grace. And the key knowledge that we will still be here - in Real Estate - next year, and the year after that, and the year after that, if we want to, that is!
Because we believe in ourselves. We share with each other.
And, during the times we feel like we're at the end of our ropes - there are always dozens of people, arms length away, ready to tie a knot at the end of it for you.
This year, here are ten things I walked away with from the 2009 Floyd Wickman Forum -
1. Short Sale Transactions can be closed - with the right approach, skill, and attitude.
2. Social Networking is here to stay, and will grow in importance, evolving in form to something we can't even imagine now, within the coming years. But it will never supplant the need for human intervention, and face-to-face help and advice.
3. We likely have another year in this down market before things begin to recover - and then, very slowly!
4. You don't have to spend, spend, spend to be successful. Sometimes, spend, spend, spend can really hurt you - and may have really hurt you already.
5. It's amazing how bright the future looks, when you "wipe clean the slate of the past." You can't do that always - but, today, in real estate, if you are a practitioner, you can - with the right attitude, plan, and support network.
6. The Keller Williams Business Model is far from perfect. But it is the closest I have found to Floyd Wickman's "You Get By Giving" Philosophy. Disagree? Call and I will tell you why I feel you might be wrong.
7. Training without connection - without deep respect and friendship - may provide you with a few ideas, but is not lasting.
8. More and more, every time I get together with the Floyd Core, I know they are all more than colleagues to me. More than even friends. They are family. And family always helps each other. Unconditionally. And always!
9. My close Kalamazoo friend, and brother, John Brown - defined my own personality: Funny, right away! Likable! Passionate - yet very intense! And, not balanced correctly - this can scare some folks, including potential clients. I've got to work on that!
10. I was amazed how many people were saddened - truly saddened - by the death of Michael Jackson.
On to the next Floyd Forum, in January, 2010, back in Livonia!
Wanna be there? Let me know - and I'll make sure it's worth traveling up to Detroit in January!
DEAN & DEAN'S TEAM CHICAGO