After returning from an overnight camping trip for our 5 year old son and 15 other kids being there in the constant drizzle, I came home to find that I had been MeMe'd by Debi Braulik. I thought often about what I would say, if this ever happened. Unfortunately, you know most of what is important about me already.
1. In high school, I drove the biggest and baddest truck of all! I grew up in a small town in Kansas, and well, I was a complete tomboy. During high school, I played softball and basketball. When I graduated in 1987, I received a full ride scholarship to Highland Community College for business, softball and basketball.
2. Before moving to Georgia, I worked at a chemical plant in Lawrence, Kansas, called FMC (it has changed names since). I worked there from 1992 to 2001. I was the ONLY female in the plant side for several years, working with 200 men. The job was NOT glamorous, but the pay was great. I decided to make the most of it, which meant becoming a "relief operator". This meant I could do any job in the plant. While everyone else had a set schedule, I filled in where and when I was needed, making the top paid hourly employee. Eventually, I moved to the phosphorous side of the plant where I held the same position, but with a twist. We fought fires daily! When your dealing with certain additives, etc, if air hits, its in flames. It was an extremely dangerous job, but as a single mom, it kept us going. After moving to Georgia, I became a licensed health insurance agent. I was consistently in the Top 10 in the nation. Then in 2004, I decided to start working with the family real estate business. In the past, I did several home based businesses, many with success, which I feel is part of why I can be successful today.
3. I break the rules. As a Real Estate Professional, I dont play the part well. I dont wear dresses, slacks or anything that I am uncomfortable in. I am always in blue jeans, or khakis, with a company shirt with our logo on it. Most people find me to be down to earth, just like everyone else, and that is how I get my business. I try real hard to show everyone respect, regardless of where they are in their life, because tomorrow I could be in the same position.
4. I struggle with the business, because I cant handle redundant tasks. It drives me crazy to do the same thing over and over again. While, I am working hard on this, it does seem to be my down fall. I have a few things that I really need to complete and get behind me, but the thought of it makes my entire body ache! I am getting close though, and this will be a complete surprise to Chris, when I am caught up!
5. I am working on a marketing campaign that I think is going to blow my SOI out of the water. It is a very simple way of marketing, but something that most people would never think of. I love marketing, and with a little creativity, it can be the difference between you and the agent next door. I am taking a little of my past, giving back to the community, getting my name out there, and most of all, having fun doing it. What else could I ask for?