Steve Mun, e-PRO, QSC recently nominated me for a meme.
Some of you have read my earlier meme response in the The First (?) ActiveRain Meme posted by Jay & Francy Thompson (way back in December, '06), but Active Rain now has nearly 33,000 members (Back then only 11,000) so I will sumarize that info here:
- I served in the Army during Desert Shield/Desert Storm. When Iraq invaded Kuwait, I watched CNN for 3 days straight. At that point, it looked like it would develop into WWIII, and I thought to myself, all the men in my family have served during time of war (WWI, WWII, Korea, Viet Nam) so this must be my time to do my duty. I enlisted 3 days after Iraq invaded Kuwait. Infantry.
- I was discharged 2 years later after an injury left me unable to march, run or jump (things kind of required for a foot soldier) I had been hit in the knee by an anti-tank missle. (But that is a subject for an entirely different blog)
- My wife and I got engaged about three hours after we met. We recently celebrated our 12th anniversary.
- When I open a can of cashews, I cant stop eating until my fingers are at least 2 knuckles deep into the can without touching any nuts.
- I love Sudoku puzzles -- the really challenging ones (16x16) especially.
Now, for those of you who want more...
- I attended The Academy of the New Church Boys School, graduating in 1988. In my senior year I portrayed Kolhenkov, the Russian ballet instructor in the play, "You Can't Take It With You."
- I recently co-wrote the screenplay for a short film called "The Cracked Man." In it I portray a homeless man. -- and yes, that is my real hair and beard in that scene. I wish I could say the gut was a prosthetic device from the make up department, but that is mine too. Here's the trailer for the movie:
If you want to buy the DVD. ($10 +$2 Shipping & Handling)
- I am proud to serve on the Marketing Committee of the Chester Community Grocery Co-op, an effort that will serve to improve the quality of life for the residents of the City of Chester, Delaware County, Pennsylvania.
- I live in an old colonial farmhouse that was built prior to the American Revolution.
- I once was stranded north of the arctic circle when my friend's Jeep broke down during a carribou hunting trip.
I hope you all feel like you know me just a little bit better now. If you want to know more, ask me when we meet in person at my open house this month at 3436 Brunswick Ave, Drexel Hill, PA