Some basic facts
- It covers 5.3 square miles or 3,400 acres
- Has approximately 22,000 residents
- 5,340 residences (712 are condominiums)
Condominium Market Report
Homes Sold and Settled|
Year-To-Date 2009 Vs. Total Year 2008
- It is about 10 minutes to the Blue Line Metrorail stations at either Franconia-Springfield or Van Dorn Street. Your selection of station will probably depend on where you live in Kingstowne.
- It's about a 15 or 20 minute drive to the Yellow Line Metrorail station at Huntington Avenue.
- Fairfax Connector Kingstowne Bus Routes 231 and 232 each provide service to both Metrorail stations. See the schedule for the slight variance between the two routes - the trip to each station is approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- The Virginia Railway Express operates commuter rail service from the Franconia-Springfield Metrorail station.
- There is a Greyhound Bus Depot at the Franconia-Springfield Metrorail station
- It is approximately 15 minutes to Fort Belvoir
- You can access the Capital Beltway (I-495) at Van Dorn Street in approximately 15 minutes
- I-95 (North or Southbound) is approximately 15 minutes
- Inbound I-395 to both the Pentagon, Arlington, Alexandria and Washington, DC is approximately 15 minutes from Kingstowne
- Due to its' size Kingstowne is served by more than one school pyramid. You can use the Fairfax County Public School Locator to accurately detemine the schools for a specific house address.
- There are two community libraries within 10 minutes of Kingstowne, they are John Marshall and Kingstowne
- Pohick Regional Library is approximately 15 minutes
- The Kingstowne Post Office is located at Barclay and Kingstowne Village Parkway
- Kingstowne Town Center is a 227,000 square foot project by the Halle Companies, a premier area developer.
- There is an additional 100,000 square feet of shopping at Wal-Mart, Kohl's, Toys R US, Babies R Us and La Z Boy Furniture Galleries.
- Kingstowne recreation facilities and programs rank among the best in the area with 24 tot lots, 3 multi-purpose courts, 2 fitness centers, an aerobics studioo, 2 swimming pools, 6 tennis courts, 22 miles of trails and 3 Community Centers that can be rented by residents for special occasions.
- Kingstowne 16 movie theater is located in Kingstowne Town Center
- Top Golf Kingstowne is a 76 suite golf practice facility on Van Dorn St. that hosts groups and parties as well as individuals
- Lee District Park/RecCenter is within 15 minutes on Telegraph Rd. The rec center has a 50 meter pool, 20,400 square foot gym, fitness facility, racquetball/wallyball courts, mirrored dance practice rooms, ballfields, tennis courts, ampitheater, carousel, etc, etc.
- Greendale Public Golf Course, an 18 hole Fairfax County course is within 15 minutes
- Burke Lake Park (15 minutes from Kingstowne) has a 218 acre lake for fishing, 18 hole golf course, campground, carousel, miniature train and ice cream parlor
- Lake Accotink Park is approximately 15 minutes away and has boat rentals, fishing on the 55 acre lake, picnic facilities, 9-hole miniature golf and a 3.75 mile hiking trail through the 493 acre park
- Pohick Bay Public Golf Course is about 20 minutes away on Gunston Road
- Laurel Hill Public Golf Course is about 15 minutes away on the site of the former Lorton Prison
- Pohick Bay Regional Park approximately 20 minutes away has public boat launch ramps, pirates cove pool, cabins for camping and picnic facilities
- Mason Neck State Park is several hundred acres of wooded nature preserve - it adjoins the wildlife refuge
- Elizabeth Hartwell Mason Neck National Wildlife Refuge is a 2,000 acre preserve approximately 30 minutes from Kingstowne. It opened in 1969 and is the site of the first bald eagle roost that was established to prorect the endangered species. The website provides details about the numerous educational programs offered
- Fort Belvoir facilities are approximately 15 minutes away