I was meme'd by Danny Smith and first had to go and find out exactly what a meme was. Danny told me there was a meme group and then I found the meme tutorial and alpahabetical index of all memes on Active Rain by Lucky Lang where you can really see the nature of the beast. I have seen the post on AR and read some of them but to be quite honest had not paid much attention. So 5 things about me, here goes:
- I met my husband of 30 years while I had a part time summer job flagging in small aircraft at Wichita mid-continent airport. We worked at a fueling company for small aircraft and I drove the truck around that said "follow me" then flagged the aircraft in. My husband was my boss; although we did not start dating until I quit and headed back to college.
- We have lived in four different states. Of course Kansas which is where we are from; Colorado, North Carolina and now Texas for the last 10 years. We had our two children while we lived in Westminster Colorado.
- We are now empty nesters. While we hold down the home fort here in Spring Texas our young adult children have been out seeing the world and I mean that literally. After our daughter graduated from college she moved to New York City as a graphic artist. She found she hated corporate America and instead became a flight attendant with a charter company doing International flights based out of JFK. This last month she has been in Iceland, Germany, England, Ireland, Norway, Kyrgyzstan and Alaska with stops along the way in Italy, Hungary, Spain, Azerbaijan, Denmark, Greece and Sweden. Our son joined the Army as an Intelligence Analyst out of high school and has spent the last 2 years stationed in Germany; although one of those years was in Hit, Iraq. If you don't know where Hit is it is just northwest of Ramadi. I am using a bible reader's companion for my bible study this summer. There is a map of Abraham's world in it taken from an inlaid Sumerian war memorial, 2500 BC and there is Hit along the Euphrates River between Harran and Ur. I honestly don't know if it is the same town but it is located in about the same place as where he was stationed. He told me it was a very old town; I guess it is. On Memorial Day he got back to the states and on June 11th reports to Fort Hood. We are thrilled to have him back on Texas soil.
- I have a BA in Social Work and an MA in Audiology but I really got my sales training as a Senior Manager with Discovery Toys. I never made a lot of money selling the toys but I won great trips and went to wonderful upper management trainings that have proven very beneficial in my real state career.
- When we moved here 10 years ago I started my real estate career. My husband thought I was nuts as I did not know a soul. I told him I would meet people and have I ever. Now with Active Rain I am also meeting people all over the United States and Canada.
Did you notice that my largest comment was when I talked about our children? Is that not typical?