You're all excited! It's a beautiful day, you've gotten pre-approved, you've met a great Realtor! It's 9 am on Saturday....the kids are with grandma, you and hubby meet at the Realtor's office, you hop in the car....
You drive up in front of the first of 5 homes you're going to see today. Now what? Are you prepared? Will you like the home? Will it have everything you want? Everything you've been dreaming of? ???
When going out to view properties, here are some things to keep in mind:
1. Preview homes on your Realtors website or www.VaHomeConnect.com. Many listings have lots of pictures, virtual tours and this is a good way to know what you're going to look at for the day.
2. BEFORE the first appoinment, make a list of your must haves and cannot live withouts. Be sure your Realtor is customizing the list of homes to only include homes that have what you want.
3. Have a copy of each listing and a working pen to make notes of what you viewed at each home. Believe me, after the third home they'll all start to look alike.
4. After viewing each home, rate each one on a number on a scale of 1 to 10, one being worse and ten being best. Eliminate homes that just don't fit the bill.
5. Remember there are some things you just can't change. Location, floor plan, neighborhood, seller's motivation. If you can, take a drive through the neighborhood before visiting the inside of homes. This will give you a good idea of whether you even want to view the home inside.
6. Remember, there are some things you CAN change. Don't be overly concerned about paint color, carpet, furnishings or decorating style of the current owners. Those things can be changed later! Be sure you like the neighborhood, style of home, location of the home and floorplan. Anything else, including the price, can be attended to!!!
These are just a few things to keep in mind while you're out looking for your new home. Pick a good Realtor, know your needs and have fun looking! All the time and energy will pay off when you're sitting on your patio, enjoying a cool glass of ice tea in your own home!
View ALL the Houses for Sale and Rent in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, as well as the rest of Hampton Roads. This site is updated daily with new real estate listings, pictures and other information vital to your home search. Feel free to call/text me with your questions or to see any home you like!!! www.VaHomeConnect.com